Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 28th, 2017 01:00

Dell laptop keeps freezing

My dell laptop Inspiron 5555 keeps freezing.around a month ago i had the issue of glitching the screen would show things twice in a weird green/purple colour but not it freezes all the time i watch a video it will freeze and i will be forced to restart i stop using it for 10 minutes it freezes.can u help me pls?

i have this laptopt for 2 years btw

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 29th, 2017 19:00

:emotion-2:

Please run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA) Diagnostics to check hardware on system by following the steps below.

1. Power off the system. Remove all peripherals except AC adapter

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In the boot menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click on it.  After quick tests, click on Hard drive, and select Thorough Test Mode. After the hard drive test finish, run Video Card and Memory as well. Report back any error code.

Edit tags

20 Posts

October 31st, 2017 04:00

I pressed f12 repeatedly and it didn't show me this menu but a blue menu named "boot mode is set to uefi"

20 Posts

October 31st, 2017 04:00

I pressed f12 repeatedly and it didn't show me this menu but a blue menu named "boot mode is set to uefi".

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 31st, 2017 11:00

By the way, windows 10 is on the system?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 31st, 2017 11:00

The blue menu look something similar to the image posted below? If yes, select "Diagnostic". Please click on link below for additional information.

ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment (Official Dell Tech ...

Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

20 Posts

October 31st, 2017 15:00

yeah.thats exactly it.i will do it tomorrow morning run the tests and see if there are any errors and update you. :D

20 Posts

November 1st, 2017 02:00

I ran the quick test not the 1 and a half hour test and I found no errors.maybe if I format my laptop it will fix the issue?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 1st, 2017 11:00

I was hoping you ran the hard drive test (thorough test mode) to rule out any possibility of the drive failing. You could use Dell online diagnostic in link below and run a custom test on hard drive, Memory and Video card. The test for each hardware should only take a few minutes unless the computer is freezing up a lot.

Support for Inspiron 5555 | Diagnostics | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 1st, 2017 11:00

By the way, windows 10 is on the system? Does the freezing happen only when watching video? The glitching and weird green/purple color screen happen all the times?

20 Posts

November 1st, 2017 12:00

I have windows 10.the green purple glitch hasn't happened for around a month.the freeze happenee so many times these days most of the times when the laptop is idle for some time and rarely when Im just browsing the internet.when I play videogames like payday 2 and league or legends it doesnt freeze.also today my laptopt got a big update and didn't freeze at all for the entire day.lastly something weird I found out is that i used to play league of legends perfectly fine in medium/high graphics with 40-60 fps and now(since the freezes) I can only play on very low and still get 30 fps or lower.

20 Posts

November 1st, 2017 16:00

so i ran the tests u told me from this website and everything was fine.i also checked my drivers and everything is up to date so i went to the support program of dell and optimised my pc and since the optimisation i can finally run LoL and payday 2 on medium graphics again without low fps while before i had low fps even in very low graphics :D as for the freezes i didnt get any since the update that i had this morning

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 10:00

It appears the " big update " fix the freezing problem. Thanks for the update.

No Events found!