Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 9th, 2016 08:00

Deployment issue with Latitude E7270 from SCCM 2012 OSD

Hello all:

A couple of weeks ago I received a 7270 for deployment testing. My company currently runs SCCM 2012 SP1 (not R2/no CU's) with the ADK for Windows 8.0 and we deploy to a variety of Dell laptops including the 7240 and 7250. When I tried to boot the 7270 using our existing boot media it did not detect the network adapter.

I downloaded the latest WinPE driver pack from Dell, injected the drivers into our boot image, and still no luck. I then created a WinPE using the ADK for Windows 10. Booting from this image also resulted in the network adapter not being detected, but when I injected the Dell WinPE drivers manually it finally showed network connectivity.

Figuring the necessary network driver is definitely in the WinPE driver pack from Dell, I have tried several different tests to get the driver into our boot image for OSD to no avail.

Is anyone else testing the 7270 and having any luck?

2 Posts

February 10th, 2016 13:00

Hi,

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105362

We have SCCM 2012 R2. I was working on E7470 the other day and the I219-LM drivers found from Lenovo did the trick for both E7470 & 7270 models. Just import them, and add to your boot image.

It should be under here after you extracted the executable: C:\yada...\PRO1000\Winx64\. The NDIS62 and 65 folders in particular helped to get me going. (win7x64 and win10x64) 

Though, there is still lots of work to be done to image these 2 guys w/o errors...Dell+MS...Sigh.

Good luck.

2 Posts

February 11th, 2016 01:00

Hi

I have just got an E7270 and managed to get the task sequence running and installing drivers after downloading the E7270 Driver CAB direct from dell, however i had to disable the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and the TS worked of a sort. it failed on some software. 

However the issue i have with this model is the graphic driver. After I download the Intel HD 520 driver from both Dell and Intel the laptop blue Screens when put in to hibernate or sleep. I had similar issues with the E5550 and E5450. this was fixed by manually installing the driver after build. This time that has not worked. I'm currently testing installing all drivers individually to see if i can find out what is causing it. An E7270 straight out of the box has the exact same Graphics driver installed but it hibernates fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

3 Posts

February 11th, 2016 11:00

Thanks yay, that did the trick to get us network connectivity. Our task sequence failed shortly after the first reboot, but that's probably because we forget to change the boot image the task sequence uses to our modified test boot image.

Thanks!

2 Posts

February 12th, 2016 16:00

What is your OS?

The graphics driver from Dell driver CAB works for our Win10 x64. I couldn't duplicate your issue...

We had issue with Bitlocker as it kept popping the bitlocker recovery every single boot. I finally fixed it by updating BIOS! Maybe you can give that a shot?

FYI - When we just got the machine before I even created any image, out of blue it attempted to update BIOS w/o me going to Dell to download latest BIOS. Flash progress 0% for 30+ minutes and as we pushed the power button for 30+ seconds, it would not budge. Had to open the back lid and disconnected the battery connector cable.

8 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 19:00

Sorry meant to say we're trying to image with Windows 7 x64.

8 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 19:00

Hi All,

We've got a similar issue trying to image the 7270 where it Blue Screens during imaging after the driver pack has been applied. We're using the latest driver CAB from Dell.

Did you have to remove any drivers or adjust any BIOS settings to image successfully? Quinny you mentioned having BSOD with the Graphics driver, was this from the Dell CAB file?

Thanks

2 Posts

March 4th, 2016 00:00

We downloaded the CAB file for the E7270 and got the BSOD so we removed the Graphic driver and Chipset USB3.0 driver from the package and the Task Sequence ran through. We are currently installing both drivers manually after the build but are exploring the possibility of a script to run the driver .exe's as part of the task sequence.

Hope that helps.

8 Posts

March 6th, 2016 17:00

Thanks for the reply but it's still not working for us and BSOD'ing in the same place after the drivers are applied. I've removed the one Graphics driver I could find and the USB 3.0 driver. Now I've just deleted all drivers that apply to USB and will try this out.

Thanks again for your help and if you could list the exact drivers you had to remove from the CAB file that would be a huge help to me.

1 Message

April 19th, 2016 15:00

Thankyou so much.. i've been working on this in the office for 15 hours straight trying to get this working..Was removing drivers from Boot and adding new, creating new boot wims, etc....  Ive now added the lenovo drivers to the boot.wim, and solved my issue.

I Used the CAB file from Dell to install the drivers during OSD deployment, and thankfully have had no BSOD that others are reporting. ( CAB file : E7270-win7-A01-8CDJC.CAB )

These lenovo drivers also resolved the Optiplex 7040 PXE boot too, same nic hardware i guess.

1 Message

June 13th, 2016 12:00

I got the Boot image to boot successfully  for the E7270 by adding the Windows 8.1 x64 network driver to the x64 boot image.  SCCM 2012 R2 uses WinPE4.0.  WinPE4.0 = Windows 8.1.  Try running a command prompt on a system correctly booted into WinPE4, then open a cmd prompt and run "ver".  The response is "Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600] which equals Windows 8.1. 

No Events found!