Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

R

4 Posts

April 26th, 2004 13:00

Display is too large for my screen

Last night everything was fine...this morning my display is too large for my screen.  My start menu is below the bottom, my min & max buttons are too far up and too the left and my whole desktop is to the left.  This is true no matter what program I'm in, what I'm doing, etc.  I have messed with the settings and stuff trying to fix it.  I know there is probably a really simply way to solve it...like the buttons on desktops that re-size the screen.  I have a Inspiron 8100 by the way.  Please help!

354 Posts

April 26th, 2004 14:00

Try this:

1)  Go to your desktop and RIGHT CLICK the mouse

2)  A window appears that is titled "Display Properties".   Click on the tab that says "Settings".

3)  In the new view that shows, you should see an item that says "Screen Resolution", with a slider adjustment bar in it.  Move that whatever is considered the default setting for your machine, and click on  "Apply" then "OK".  Keep doing this until you get the resolution that you want (which I presume is everything appearing on one screen)  Good luck!

Fluke

April 26th, 2004 16:00

Thanks very much...I did that but to get it small enough that everything is on my screen I have A LOT of black space in the upper part and on the left hand side.  It isn't just too large, everything is down and to the left.  The recomended setting is what is now wrong too. 

It seems that my whole desktop moved down adn to the left....no matter what teh resolution is...

Thanks again for repying...any other suggestions?

354 Posts

April 26th, 2004 19:00

Very odd.  Your machine is a laptop?

Fluke

April 26th, 2004 21:00

April 26th, 2004 21:00

Yep...but it must have just been a glitch after figiting w/ everything and restarting 10 times I just gave up and then did some work, turned it off and when I turned it back on it was fine.  I have no clue what it was...the scary part is though that this means it may happen again :(  Oh well.  Thanks for your help adn suggestions.
No Events found!