Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2012 11:00

Distorted colours, error code 5300:061F

Hi there, 

Yesterday, the colours on my screen suddenly became distorted: brightest white is now cyan, black is speckled with red, white text on a black background is shadowed with red etc.

Other than this, the laptop works perfectly. Some pages look fine but others are really unpleasant on the eye. I ran diagnostics and found errors in the Graphics Mode test and Color Palettes test, error code 5300:061F.

The laptop is just 5 weeks out of warranty, 14 months old. I am the only person who uses it and I take care of it. It's the first Dell I have owned and neither of my previous laptops had problems until I'd had them for 5 years each. 

Can anyone give me a rough idea of if this problem can be fixed/ how this problem is fixed and how much a problem like this can cost to fix? 

Many thanks, all help appreciated!

(It is an Inspiron M5030)

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 8th, 2012 07:00

Hi alitho,

Welcome to the Community,

To try to fix the problem you can start by uninstalling and reinstalling the video card driver.

To uninstall click on start,right click Computer,click on Manage,click on Device Manager,Click on + symbol on Display Adapter,Right click on the video card,click on Uninstall.

Restart you system and download and install the video card driver from the link below:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

If this does not work,connect an external display to your laptop  and let me know how the display looks on the external monitor.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Roshan

9 Posts

April 20th, 2013 12:00

I am having a similar issue.  The video resolution is not staying set when the laptop is turned back on.  I have reloaded the video driver off the driver disk.  I will try it again first uninstalling the old one.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

April 23rd, 2013 01:00

Hi  kb7kuh,

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver?

Its recommended to install the updated drivers from support website : http://dell.to/17U3c4f and enter system Service Tag number.

If you need further help please post your full system model,type of video card installed and Windows version.

Thank You

1 Message

June 29th, 2013 22:00

Hello all,

My Inspiron M5030 recently developed this exact same problem.  I have tried uninstalling and re-downloading the display driver twice with no luck.  I hooked the computer up to an external monitor as well and everything on the external monitor displays correctly while all the bright whites on the laptop screen still are cyan.  Thoughts or proposed solutions anyone?

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 02:00

Hi EIT-JRB,

Welcome  to the Community,

If the  display is fine on the external monitor, most likely its an issue with the system LCD screen. To test LCD screen, run LCD BIST test. To run the LCD BIST (Built in Self-test), press and hold the D key on the keyboard while pressing the power button, then release both at the same time. This will initiate a Grey screen, then Red, then Blue, then Green then White. Check if the color screens are displayed normally. If it is not displayed normally then its an issue with the LCD screen, which needs to be replaced.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank You

No Events found!