Highlighted
2 Bronze

Does E6330 support mSATA?

Hi, 

I'd like ask whether e6330 supprot msata ssd. I know I can add 2nd storage via e-modular bay, but I want to add 2nd storage without sacrificing my dvd drive. When I looked at the mainboard, I found that my wwan slot was empty so I am asking. Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Does E6330 support mSATA?

Hi Jaehyun,

Dell Latitutde E6330 cannot be configured with mSATA drive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Thanks for the reply.

But I'm still wondering. what does it mean in the spec sheet?

Width: 13.19" / 335mm
Height: (front/back) 1.0"/25.4mm to 1.18"/30.1 mm
Depth: 8.80" / 223.3mm
Starting weight: 3.54lbs / 1.606kg (with 3‐cell battery, airbay, and mSATA SSD)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Jaehyun,

The MSATA SSD can be attached to a caddy device and can be replaced in the optical drive space.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I do not agree fully with that view, it is not a mSTA but a normal SSD (SATA).

I have (just) a Dell Lattitude E6330 and bought this caddy around 10 dollar including shipping costs and it works very well with this SATA  600 SSD, so a normal SATA !
Finally I use to boot the E6330 with this SSD so changed the location of the 500 GB HD with the 240 GB SSD.

So in the DVD-replacement caddy: 500 GB HD
In the HD place: the 240 GB SSD

and it works great, see picture of the situation after the change, tekst in Dutch but the situation seems clear (else ask..)

Boot old situation: ~ 1.5 minute

Boot with SSD: ~ 15 seconds... 

Rest of my config: 12 GB RAM.
Payed ~285 euros including the PR03X DockingStation, but without of course the caddy and SSD.

I have to clean the old HD to be used for data storage. Will store an image in case the SSD collaps... and I can be on line very soon. Data are backupped any how, mostly > 2 x... 

Has anyone experience with the WWAN place for using as storage place?

It is free in my place, a 50 mm mSATA could.... be placed into it. Still need confirmation for this model, for e.g. the Dell E7240 the WWAN's slot will function as a mSATA.

Picture of my WWAN place below.