Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2012 03:00

Does the vostro 1510 supports Windows 8

Hi everybody,

Is-it possible to install Windows 8 on a Vostro 1510 running Windows Vista ?

The MS Upgrade Assistant had warned me about cpu lacking NX support but I'm not sure about what it really means.

Does someone already tryed an install or upgrade ?

Thanks

Seb

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 30th, 2012 04:00

Hi Micht,

The NX hardware is a processor technology, you can enable the NX option in BIOS page, please follow the steps to go to BIOS page.

Tap ‘F2’ as soon as the computer starts to enter the system setup or BIOS

Please confirm that you are able to see the headings ‘Main’, ‘Advanced’, ‘Security’, ’TPM STATE’, ‘Boot’ and ‘Exit’ on the screen

Use the right-arrow key to navigate to ‘Advanced’ Under the No- Execute Memory Protection should be [Enabled] and Press the ‘F10’ key to save the changes and exit the BIOS screen, when asked to confirm the same, please select ‘Yes’ and press ‘Enter’

In case the NX option is not available then it is  not possible to upgrade to windows 8

1 Message

January 2nd, 2013 06:00

hi,

its arpit. ya its properly work but the vostro 1510 model laptop is not upgraded according to the windows8 platform.i will run properly but some time battery problem may be there....

1 Message

January 29th, 2013 11:00

I have been running Windows 8 PRO on Vostro 1510 (Nvidia GPU) for three weeks and  I heve noticed no problems.

GPU drivers - Nvidia page,

HD audio driver -generic driver at Realtek page,  

SD card driver - Win XP driver at Dell support page :-),

Alps Touchpad driver - Win XP driver at Dell support page :-)

Donť worry.

September 2nd, 2013 01:00

Hello.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Preview on Vostro 1510.

Everything is fine then Windows 8.

Most of drivers are recognized automatically however touch pad does not.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/jp/ja/19/DriverDetails?driverId=CCRJJ

This driver supports Alps touchpad on Windows 8, enables swipe gesture for charm and etc.

9 Posts

October 8th, 2013 00:00

Hi Wanatabe, I hope W8 is still running without any problem and still very stable. May I ask you one question? Btw the question is also for those using W7 or W8 on Vostro 1510. As far as I emember Vista was not so porwerful compared to XP. Then, Question : Do you notice a performance improvement now that your Vostro is running W7 or W8? Compared to XP or Vista that was running first on it, of course. I would appreciate all feedback from you all. Thanks a lot in adavnce. Regards. Kalmos

October 8th, 2013 02:00

Hello,

My Vostro 1510 has modified a bit, feeling good after customization.

Spec is: Core2 Duo T7100(1.8GHz) / RAM 4GB / HDD Hitachi 300G and running Windows8 64bit.

I remember original CPU was Celeron 2GHz and which was very^3 stressful.

Dual-core is indispensable regardless of frequency. Upgrade cost is lower than $15.

I haven't tested XP on Vostro 1510. From my experience with enough RAM(2GB+) Win7 works as fast as XP.

Compared to dumb Vista, Win7 and 8 responds quick, indexing task does not bother me, everything feels better. You SHOULD upgrade if you own Vista.

Regards.

9 Posts

October 8th, 2013 04:00

Hi watanabe,

thanks for these infos.

my conf is as follow :

- intel core 2 duo t800 processors @ 2,1 Ghz

- 3 Go ram, I am going to upgrade to 4 Go

- HD 160 Gb but I use mainly USB HD.

did you installed drivers for w8 first then w8?

thanks.

regards

9 Posts

Hi,

you are right, to install W8 I will have to do like you, I mean install from DVD boot as well, then update drivers.

have a good end of day.

regards

Hi,

Your configuration looks to work fine.

My installation was done to brand new HDD from DVD-ROM boot and driver was installed after that.

Sorry I'm not sure what will happen with upgrade installation.

Regards.

October 9th, 2013 00:00

You're welcome. :)

1 Message

October 25th, 2013 11:00

I tried the link but its not installing... please help... my email id Email id removed per privacy policy>

October 29th, 2013 06:00

Hi.

Above link I wrote about Bluetooth seems working.

Which module are you going to install? I can help you with whole error messages.

Cheers.

No Events found!