Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

January 13th, 2013 03:00

Driver for IDT audio device on high definition audio bus for XP

Hi everyone,

I have a DELL inspiron 1300 operated by Window XP pro.

For no apparent reasons, the  IDT  high definition audio device audio chip suddenly stopped working and required an installation using the hardware wizard. No drivers was found by the system 

I tried to find the proper driver, but after trying several versions, the hardware wizard still shows a Code 10 Error Message.

Here is few information on my system :

Emplacement 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)

Pilote version : 5.10.5607.0

Thank you in advance for your help !

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 13th, 2013 06:00

Pilote version : 5.10.5607.0

Hello. There is no such driver that I know of. I think your problem was caused by a Microsoft "update' that incorrectly identified your laptop as having IDT hardware. Your laptop has Sigmatel hardware. In 2008 IDT bought Sigmatel and around that time Microsoft started sending out bad updates. Try using Windows System Restore to revert the laptop to the time before the problem appeared. In XP, go to

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
and tick 'Restore my computer to an earlier time'.  Choose a date before the problem first occurred.

If that does not help you might have to re-install Windows, but first try to re-install the audio driver. The Inspiron 1300 uses a Sigmatel audio driver. First get rid of all of the incorrect audio drivers from the drivers folder on the hard drive. Go to  this location on your hard drive   c:\dell\drivers\

Expand all folders and sub-folders there. Delete all folders that contain a sub-folder named "WDM". Those will be the audio driver folders and it is safe to delete them. If they are not deleted they might interfere with the installation of the correct driver.

After that step, download and try to install the Sigmatel driver 5.10.0.5515, A11 (R171789).

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

Try installing R171789.exe this should be the audio driver for the Inspiron 1300.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

Hello Philip, did not mean to cross post with you.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

January 13th, 2013 12:00

Hello Philip, did not mean to cross post with you.

Don't worry about it, your answer explained how the issue intially started.

No Events found!