Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2015 22:00

Ghost Touch problem FIXED!

I received my Inspiron 13 7000 as a Christmas gift 12/2014. It immediately had ghost touch problems, though I did not know that was the name of the issue. I had lots of problems: the "bubbles" that traveled up and down the left side of the screen, opening numerous browser tabs, re-sizing pages, opening and closing programs, etc. My MUCH cheaper HP laptops performed better than this machine! I assumed that contacting tech support would take a while, and I did not have the time to sit with them for hours on end (I am a teacher...no time!). Now that I am on summer break, I contacted Dell today. It DID take a couple of hours, but the tech did lots more than just calibrate the touchscreen. I had to agree to let the tech take over my computer, and he/she installed various files, ran numerous tests, and pretty much informed me as he/she worked, of what was going on. When the tech was finished, I asked him/her to remove all the icons for the files that were downloaded. So far, I've been able to work on my laptop longer than I ever have since I got it. The tech made an appointment with me for Monday afternoon, giving me the weekend to really determine if the problem has been permanently fixed.

2 Posts

October 29th, 2015 09:00

I have an Inspiron 15 7000 series and started have the same problem within a couple of weeks of purchase.  Sent the unit back to Dell and they replaced the mother board and display.  Started having the same problems again and then recently the Dell tech had me do a clean install of Windows 8.1 and  so far the problem has not returned.  I will wait a couple of weeks and if still no problem then I will reinstall Windows 10.  I will say that I have had excellent support from all the Dell technicians.

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2015 16:00

Problem started again today.  Windows 8.1 still installed.  Dell is having me send unit back to them again.  Will update when it is returned back to me.

2 Posts

November 20th, 2016 11:00

Hello, I know this has been a while but how did you eventually get the problem resolved? Thank you

No Events found!