Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 28th, 2017 05:00

Hard drive not installed - XPS 13 9350

I have an error when i try booting my computer.  i havent done any personal modifications to any hardware items.  The motherboard has been replaced a few times cause I had the infamous flickering screen.  Overall this has not been a reliable computer and now it just doesnt work.

i need help people, my computer is just over one year old now and has no warranty.

am i just out of luck now????

1 Attachment

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 30th, 2017 10:00

If you're comfortable in opening the computer, I'd suggest you reseat the hard drive and see if that will make a difference. Please watch Dell video below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 30th, 2017 11:00

If you aren't comfortable in opening up computer, I suggest you contact Dell Out Of Warranty department in link below and ask for a quote to install a new drive.

Support Service for Expired Warranties | Dell

6 Posts

May 30th, 2017 14:00

thanks it worked!, now i need help with missing screws after the dell technicians replaced the mother board so many times.  does anyone have specs on the screw lengths??

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 1st, 2017 06:00

:emotion-2:

Glad to know your computer is fix now, unfortunately I don't know specs of the screw lengths. Hopefully someone else will charm in and help answer your question. If no one answer, contact Technical Support in the link below:

Contact Information | Dell US

June 1st, 2017 16:00

There was also a BIOS update for the 9350 and 9550 I believe that resolved this being an intermittent issue. You may want to see if any of the previous releases of BIOS from Jan of this year or so resolve that issue. It seemed to be specific to the Toshiba NVMe SSDs.

No Events found!