Highlighted
Not applicable

Hard drive not installed error on laptop

Jump to solution

Dell Inspiron i3 3558 model.

It was working fine. I put it into sleep mode as usual but when I start it again it doesn't start. Is witches it off and try again . This time Dell support assist start and after initializing storage it shows "hard drive not installed". I tried diagnostic there also it show same thing. In BIOS setup,  hard drive- none.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: Hard drive not installed error on laptop

Jump to solution

Unplug the system and remove the base cover.  Disconnect the battery and hard drive.  Then hold the power button for 30 sec. Reconnect both and power up - check to see if the drive is recognized.

if it's not, and the system is under warranty - call Dell for a drive replacement.  

If the system is out of warranty, you'll need a new 2.5" drive - solid state, hard drive or hybrid drive), 7 mm in height.

Service manual is here:

www.dell.com/.../manuals

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: Hard drive not installed error on laptop

Jump to solution

Unplug the system and remove the base cover.  Disconnect the battery and hard drive.  Then hold the power button for 30 sec. Reconnect both and power up - check to see if the drive is recognized.

if it's not, and the system is under warranty - call Dell for a drive replacement.  

If the system is out of warranty, you'll need a new 2.5" drive - solid state, hard drive or hybrid drive), 7 mm in height.

Service manual is here:

www.dell.com/.../manuals

View solution in original post

0 Kudos