Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

December 27th, 2015 14:00

Headset not working

I have an inspiron 5555 and i've been loving it but i ran into a problem recently. one day when I turned it on to play a game my mic on my headset wasn't receiving. Thinking it might be the headset I switched it out for a different one and the mic on that wasn't working either. I don't really think it is the audio jack because headphones and the incoming audio on both headsets still work.

If it helps, it has windows 10 on it and when I shut it down before mics quit working i left a headset plugged in, though that hasn't caused problems before.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to your suggestions.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 28th, 2015 04:00

Hello. Try downloading & installing a fresh copy of the Realtek audio driver and see if that helps.

December 28th, 2015 08:00

I reinstalled the driver but my microphone still is not working.

4 Posts

January 4th, 2016 18:00

I have similar issue.  My internal speakers work fine, but when I plug headphones into the 3.5mm audio jack the headphones don't make any sound and the internal speakers turn off. The headphones aren't listed under playback devices. I can assure that the headphone is in working condition and I have noticed this after the Windows 10 upgrade in my laptop.

I have tried reinstalling my drivers and did a full windows update. I have also tried to roll back to native drive for audio but nothing helped.

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Driver Version is 6.0.1.7695

Windows: Windows 10

Computer Model Latitude E7450

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 6th, 2016 06:00

I reinstalled the driver but my microphone still is not working.

I would revert the laptop back to the operating system in which the microphone worked correctly.

January 7th, 2016 14:00

It came with Windows 10 installed

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 7th, 2016 17:00

Oh, sorry I didn't realize that. The only think I can think of is to suggest you perform a system recovery and return the laptop to the factory configuration. If you test it immediately afterward but it still has the problem then it is caused by hardware failure which is covered under the warranty.

No Events found!