Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

WP

31 Posts

April 20th, 2007 17:00

How Do You Disable Auto-Click

Should be simple, but I cannot figure it out.  System is a 600m Inspiron with the built-in touchpad.  The touchpad will automatically click when the cursor remains in position for a given period of time.  Whoever thought of this is an idiot, but making it difficult to change the setting is even worse.  Usually, I use a USB mouse to avoid this unexcusable behavior, but sometimes it is a hassle to transport too many items.  Somebody please tell me how to stop this annoying behavior.

278 Posts

April 21st, 2007 02:00

It should not click when the cursor remains in a position for a certain amount of time, but it has a Tap to click, meaning tap the touch pad, and it will click instead pressing the click button. I disabled this feature on mine, as it's very sensitive, and would click when I was not really tapping. To disable this feature just right click the touch pad icon, and disable it.

Inspiron 1501, TL-50, 2gig ram

212 Posts

April 21st, 2007 05:00

It sounds like this may be an Accessibility feature. Do you have XP? If so go into Accessibility Options in the Control Panel. I don't have a laptop with XP to find the specific place to change it but it should be in there, or in the touchpad/mouse settings also in the Control Panel.

April 22nd, 2007 15:00

You are right, it is the tapping of the touchpad that activates a double-click. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.  However, I still cannot find a way to deactivate it., though.  It is not in Control Panel's Accessibilty Options, or Mouse settings.  There is no icon in Control Panel for the touchpad or is there an icon on the System Tray.  So, where can I disable this "feature"? 

278 Posts

April 23rd, 2007 20:00

No Events found!