Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

December 31st, 2004 16:00

How to disable QuickSet in System Tray

I don't really care for the QuickSet icon presence in my system tray.  How can it be removed?

Secondly, the QuickSet features available as a right-click on the systray icon are not available when running it from the Start Menu.  Can these still be accessed if the systray icon is removed?

January 5th, 2005 17:00

go to start menu, click run, and type msconfig.
go to the "startup" tab and uncheck that service, and it will not start anymore

2 Posts

January 5th, 2005 19:00

Right.  But let me add more info ... what I've found is that if I disable QuickSet (whether turning off the service in msconfig, or with the QuickSet GUI) the displays for laptop buttons for volume up/down and wireless on/off, etc. don't work anymore.  I'd like to keep that functionality, I just don't want the QuickSet icon in my systray.  So the question is more about hiding the icon than disabling the feature.  One more thing .. I've discovered that if QuickSet is disabled at startup then run from the start menu that the functions described above will work normally.  If you run it from the start menu after it was run at startup, you get different options.  In other words running QuickSet from the start menu gives you different results depending on whether it's already running (from startup) or not.

3 Posts

November 27th, 2012 01:00

I'd like to know how to do this also. Just to HIDE the icon from the systray

1 Message

December 10th, 2012 11:00

I am also interested in this ability.  I want the QS features without the system tray icon! :emotion-9:

No Events found!