Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2013 14:00

How to find out which video card my laptop has?

Can someone help me? I am trying to download Minecraft onto my Inspiron 6400 XP laptop but am getting a message saying my video card driver is out of date.  But I don't know how to find which video card I have in my laptop.  I am hoping if I can find out which card it has then I can download the right driver?

3.3K Posts

March 11th, 2013 15:00

Hi Harbei,

Follow below steps to check which video card is installed on the computer:

• Click on Start and then Control Panel.
  • Click on the Performance and Maintenance link.
  • In the Performance and Maintenance window, click on the System icon near the bottom of the window.
  • In the System Properties window, click on the Hardware tab.
  • With the Hardware tab selected, click on the Device Manager Button.

You can now use Device Manager to update device drivers, view the system resources a particular hardware device is using, etc.

1. Click the PLUS SIGN to expand Display Adapters.
  2. Double-click the video adapter driver which would give you information about the video card.

If you still require my assistance in updating the video card, Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!