Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

21 Posts

November 13th, 2006 23:00

INSPIRON 6000 AC ADAPTOR MEGA TROUBLE PLEASE HELP

When i plug in my AC adaptor into ANY outlet ( i have tried many inside and outside of my household) the green light on the adaptor only SOMETIMES turns green other times when plugged in does not turn on at all this is a major problem because my laptop hardly ever charges.
i got my replacement battery but i still have been having problems with this is it possible to get a new ac adaptor for free because the damage is not my fault being that the product works when it wants to. please help.

November 14th, 2006 05:00

dont count on it two batteries and i cant find a 150 watt ac adaptor four laptop dells one desktop and never again they
exact problem and they tell me its my battery 

1.4K Posts

November 14th, 2006 15:00

Look closely at the power cord, and see if there is damage where the cord meets the power brick.  Sometimes the stress of bending at that point will eventually cause the cord to split, and cause an intermittent open condition in the conductor.  Whether this is covered depends on your warranty.  Replacements can be found on ebay.

21 Posts

November 14th, 2006 19:00

thanks so much for the responses
i called dell last night and they are sending
me a replacement adaptor thank god for my 3 year warranty

just another question -- oncethey send me the new ac adaptor im
assuming that all of my problems will be fixed but if its
due to the cord "breaking" is there ever an end to this
or will i have to keep on getting new adaptors each year?
is it the strain i put on the wire? thanks in advance & to everyone who replied already
=D

15 Posts

November 14th, 2006 22:00

Yes, the problems should go away when you get the replacement, but just be careful not to put too much strain on the wire. I am curious to see how long the new one I got lasts, the original one lasted 6 months and the replacement is of the same design. I am just going to be extra careful not to let the half inch rubber casing over the wire that comes out of the adapter bend since thats what killed the last time. Its not going to be easy since I am a mobile professional and pack and unpack the adapter at least 4 times a day. However my other non dell laptops I have owned stood up to this wear and tear for years and all still work. I think the dell design is flawed.

You should do the same, and hopefully it wont break again.
No Events found!