Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2015 22:00

Inspiron 11 3000 series is terribly slow and frustrating

Hi,

I bought this laptop just a week ago and I'm already fed up now.
 It is too slow. I can't open 3 tabs at once.

Once I open a simple news site and then google and then another site, it becomes soooo slow and loads forever. Very frustrating. I have had to restart my system every 15 mins. This is the worst I have seen of DELL.

Please what should I do?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 27th, 2015 05:00

If you're not happy, you can return the system for replacement within 21 days of shipment.

Remember - this is a very low-end system -- basically a glorified tablet.  It's not capable of high performance in any sense of that term.

2 Posts

May 27th, 2015 05:00

Thanks Ejn63,

It's actually better now. At least for the past 7-8 hours that I tried their suggestion. I bombarded them with tweets and they responded that I should try the f8 reboot at startup.

I did so and I have been able to open 6, 7 tabs at once and work fast. Still cooperating with me. I so much love this laptop I couldn't believe it frustrated me at first.

Let's hope nothing changes.

Thanks

November 13th, 2015 18:00

What a useless reply for your customers who have the same problem with DELL Inspiron 11 3000 Series! I have the same problem and see no solution here!  Why does the computer not wake from sleep and require a manual shut down and repeated depressions of the on/off button to get it to start, and when it does it take ages to do so?  This laptop is incredibly slow and I do not recommend anyone to buy it!   And with this type of customer service - it appears you don't get much support after you buy it!

1 Message

June 22nd, 2017 15:00

What is the f8 reboot at start up?  Can you point us to instructions?  I, too, am having problems with the darn thing being so slow.  Guess I am just used to a better computer.  Also, it never indicates that is doing something--no lights flashing, or globes spinning.  

1 Message

November 17th, 2017 08:00

I'm in the same boat.  It is a low end system but in todays world it should at least browse the internet without issue.  But the laptop  is so slow hat it is basically useless.  I am looking for a solution.

November 17th, 2017 11:00

On systems with low end RAM, my first tweak is to always turn off the Superfetch service.  This is a service in Windows that preloads commonly used programs into memory.  This is a fine service when you have a lot of RAM, but when you have fewer resources, it will eat your memory and slow things to a crawl.

In order to turn it off, type "Services" into the search bar.  Once the Services tab comes up, scroll down until you find "Superfetch."  Right-click to stop the process.  If things seem faster and you want to disable it, you can also right-click to go to properties and set the process to "Disabled."

Superfetch has been around since Windows Vista.  Disabling it will not harm your system.  I have been doing it for a decade.

No Events found!