Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2015 11:00

Inspiron 11 3137 No Power

My son was playing a game on his 3137 when it started to get warm.  It shut itself down and he restarted it.  He shut it down and now the machine will not power up at all.  I have swapped batteries, power ports, power cords with a 2nd inspiron 11 3137 and it just appears dead.  No lights will come on either.  Any ideas?

2K Posts

April 8th, 2015 16:00

Hi JAKKLZ,

I have few queries:

Remove the battery and try powering on the system with only the power cable and see if it comes on.
With the adapter connected, when you turn on the system, does the light on the power adapter itself stay on or does it go off? Do any leds come on when you try powering on the machine? Was the system dropped/any damage? Have you had any bluescreens in the recent past? Did the system overheat anytime while playing games or watching high-def videos? Could you remove the RAM modules and try powering on the system?

Keep us updated.

Thanks and Regards,

Rishi

3 Posts

April 8th, 2015 18:00

Hi Rishi, thanks for the reply.  My son did mention that the laptop did get hot.  I tried everything you mentioned and the unit will still not power up.  The light on the power adapter does stay on even with no battery plugged into the unit,  however, no leds light on the front of the machine itself.  It just appears to be dead.  There were no blue screens and no damage.  He was playing and the unit shut down.  He powered it back up, played some more and then shut it down as normal.  Went back an hour or so later and it wouldn't turn on.  I swapped the battery from my daughter's same model that is known to work and still nothing.  I placed the battery from the unit in question in my daughter's machine and it functioned normally.  I even swapped the power ports between machines as well as ram and no thing had a negative affect on the good running machine.  

2K Posts

April 10th, 2015 03:00

Hi JAKKLZ,

Apologies for delay in response.

I request you to try this for me and reply with the result. Remove the battery, remove the RAM modules, disconnect the HDD cable, press and hold the power button down for a minute. Then connect the adapter cable to the system (while the parts are still disconnected). Check if the system comes on / any leds come on at least for 1 or 2 seconds. Check if the adapter led is stable and on while connected to the system.

Please reply with the info requested. Also, please do send me the service tag of the system and your contact details through a private conversation on this forum. If you use twitter, then reply with your twitter handle, so we can DM over twitter and discuss the fix.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!