Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2015 17:00

Inspiron 15 3520 Screen Glitching

I had the laptop's user report to me that the screen was having problems, that it would look distorted. When I got my hands on it, I ran every test I could: Dell diagnostics and graphics tests, video stress tests, other random system test, typical usage scenarios, and a basic physical inspection (no obvious damage, rattling, etc.). Everything came out fine. A few days later, I got an interesting email with the following image:

It came back. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 3rd, 2015 22:00

Hi jwbh,

Please reply us with the snapshot of the actual desktop screen so that we can check and assist you.

Also, we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

1. Turn of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
  3. You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if the issue reoccurs on the screen.

In addition, please connect the system to an external monitor and check if the issue reoccurs.

2 Posts

September 4th, 2015 11:00

The snapshot of the actual desktop screen? Like, the wallpaper? Because this is a picture of the built in screen; not sure why the wallpaper would make a difference.

When I performed the BIST earlier there was no problem. I'm going to try the external monitor and the BIST again.

No Events found!