Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2014 12:00

Inspiron 15 ~ 3521 ... Audio Software Fails to Launch

I just got a brand new Dell Laptop and installed a software for recording with an external microphone. I installed the latest driver designed for Win 8. I connected the hardware and microphone to the laptop as instructed. Everything on that side is done according to installation procedure.

When I double click the software shortcut it fails to launch. I try to launch it as an administrator, it does not work. I double click the main "***.exe" file in the Programs folder, but nothing happens. I rebooted the puter and tried it a few times, nothing works.

The software is up to date and the puter is brand new. What could be wrong?

I have a feeling that "MAXX Audio 4 Sound Manager" that is pre-installed on the laptop may be preventing that software from launching. Could this be the problem? If so, how can I bypass it and get the darn software to launch?

Is it possible to temporarily disable "MAXX Audio 4 Sound Manager"?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dell Laptop Inspiron 3521  OS:Win 8 ~ 64 bit

Ram: 6 GB  CPU: Intel Core i3-3227U @ 1.9 GHz

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 19th, 2014 13:00

installed a software for recording with an external microphone. I installed the latest driver designed for Win 8. I connected the hardware

That's a little vague. What is the name and model of the hardware you connected?

9 Posts

January 20th, 2014 14:00

Thanks for the reply. Here's the info:

Hardware: Audiobox USB 22VSL
Software: Audiobox USB for Win 8 ('Virtual StudioLive software')

The hardware is AudioBox USB manufactured by PreSonus. It's compatible with USB 2.0 (which my brand new laptop has).

The software is 'Virtual StudioLive software' made by the same company specifically for their hardware.

Virtual StudioLive software comes with "a complete graphical representation of your mix environment".

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 20th, 2014 17:00

I can't think of any way that the Sound Manager program could interfere with the PreSonus software, but if you want to uninstall it:

Open the Device Manager and expand "Sound, video and game controllers". Right click on Realtek High Definition and select to uninstall. Put a check mark in the option to delete the files, and then ok. When you reboot, Windows will either install its own native driver or a Realtek driver if there were any other versions on the hard drive. So go back to the Device Manager and check for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling with the option to delete & rebooting until Realtek no longer appears under Sound Controllers and "High Definition Audio Device" appears in its place. At that point you will be using the native Windows driver for the Realtek audio hardware on the motherboard and Waves Maxx Audio should be gone.

Using the native driver for the integrated audio should have no effect on your usb audio device which is a separate system.

9 Posts

January 20th, 2014 18:00

Thanks for the tip Jim.

Now, in case I decide to reinstall MAXX, how can I do it? Is it possible or not?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 20th, 2014 19:00

Wave MaxxAudio is included if you download the Realtek driver.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 20th, 2014 20:00

The Realtek 6.0.1.6788 driver for the Inspiron 3521 has a bug regarding the headphone jack. Sometimes headphones or external speakers fail to be detected after a restart and so audio plays through the speakers. The previous version 6.0.1.6690 doesn't have the bug.

No Events found!