Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2015 16:00

Inspiron 15 5558 multitouch not working

Hi,

I bought today a Dell inspiron 15 5558 (service tag<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>) that came with ubuntu OS. I've played with ubuntu a little, checked if everything was working (including touchpad multi-touch gestures) but decided to switch to windows 10. The dell website says that Windows 10 is supported for this model, so i've upgraded. Everything works fine, except that my touchpad won't recognize multi touch gestures (like scrolling with 2 fingers - gestures that worked under Ubuntu). In device manager, it says that i have PS/2 compatible mouse installed. I've checked on the website, under my model's support page but under the mouse drivers i only found Dell Unifying drivers (for Logitech USB dongle). I've tried downloading other Syanptic drivers, uninstalling default mouse drivers and checking online for updates, but nothing seem to work.... Can anyone help me with this matter ?

Thanks !

August 7th, 2015 21:00

Hi,

Just updated to W10, I have the exact same problem. Tried everything like you did, nothing worked...

9 Posts

August 8th, 2015 06:00

Ok, so i've installed Windows 8.1, thinking that it will find the drivers automaticly... Unfortunately it installed the same, PS/2 Compatible mouse, no touchpad recognized... Can someone please help me ? I don't want to return the laptop and buy another brand, but i did not expect that DELL gives 0 driver or customer support...

9 Posts

August 11th, 2015 12:00

Hi, sorry to hear that... have you found any drivers/solution ? I am still searching for some drivers, tried both ALPS and Synaptics drivers (i have no ideea what touchpad is installed in 5558 model), but no luck... And i can't find any way to contact DELL...

September 5th, 2015 17:00

same probleme here..please give me some help.

4 Posts

September 8th, 2015 02:00

Same problem here. I have windows 8.1 and the gestures are not working. They said that you do not need drivers for this model (15 5558) and that it should work, but it doesn't...

October 6th, 2015 17:00

Ok so I decided to run the "system analysis"  from the dell support website, in the "drivers & download" section. It suggested 4 drivers to install. I install all of them, rebooted and now the gestures are working.

Hope it helps!

No Events found!