DELL-Terry B
5 Tungsten

RE: Inspiron 15-7537, Windows 10 upgrade, Video driver problems

Miguel

Checking on the chipset driver, the most up to date for your model is Version 9.4.0.1025, A00, and may be downloaded here.  If you have not installed this driver give it a go and see if it helps things at all. You may need to uninstall both the Intel HD and AMD video drivers completely, install the Intel Chipset driver and then reinstall the Intel HD and AMD drivers.  Unfortunately if these drivers aren’t installed in order it can cause problems.  Please report back here if you continue to have difficulties.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
DELL-Terry B
5 Tungsten

TomerA

You listed the Intel Management Engine driver, this is an Intel driver that allows network administrators to manage systems remotely, I do suggest installing it but it has little use for normal home situation.   For your system the crucial driver that should be installed prior to the video driver is the Intel Chipset driver, revision A00, and may be downloaded here.  If you have not installed this chipset driver yet, you should uninstall the video driver first, install the chipset driver and then reinstall the Intel HD driver.  Like Miguel please report back here if you continue to have problems.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
TomerA
1 Copper

Hello Terry, thanks for your assistance.

Actually the intel chipset driver was installed.

I've uninstalled the video driver for the basic one.

reinstalled the chipset driver (10.1.1.7 A00)

installed the video driver again (4274)

after installation I still get the same issue, code 43.

0 Kudos

Thank you Terry, I did re-install both drivers as you suggested but it did not resolve the issue. then,  upgraded from Intel Graphic driver 10.18.15.4278_A01 to  latest driver version from INTEL website v15.33.38.64.4252 but no luck. Windows10 default video driver seems to work fine but intel graphics driver manages to get installed automatically after a reboot and acting up again... I ended to disabling the adapter from device manager to get around the issue... bad thing is that I do not have full control over the adapter functionally but at least basic stuff works fine. I wonder if dell is to release fixed drivers for this model ?

0 Kudos
meliquiros
1 Copper

Terry help please

I have an  Inspiron 15 7537, everything worked great, when I upgraded it to win 10 the brightness cant be changed.

All my drivers are up to date.

Can you please help me!

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
TomerA
1 Copper

Hello Terry,

is there any update regarding this issue?

is their a test I can run & send you the logs to understand?

or should I restore to WIN8 & begin WIN10 & drivers update all over again?

0 Kudos
slake0120
1 Copper

This laptop is a bit of a disappointment - 15-7537. Fortunately not my primary PC.

The only way I was able to get it to work (at least mostly) was to do a clean install using the RTM ISO, then I removed all Intel software, EXCEPT THE VIDEO DRIVER.

I also disabled the Intel Management Engine, which still showed up in Device Manger > System Devices (Sleep mode was a problem with this enabled).

Found these solutions in the forum.

Some of the Fn keys still do not work but the important one work OK (brightness, audio, keyboard brightness).

0 Kudos
TomerA
1 Copper

Actually its pretty good laptop, if I could only solve the WIN10 upgrade issues.

unfortunately it is my primary laptop.

Terry, any suggestion?

0 Kudos
TomerA
1 Copper

I have seen that DELL released a new video driver:

Video_Driver_KTGCK_WN32_20.19.15.4352_A02.EXE

Any recommendation on right order to install it?

0 Kudos
Iarcher
1 Copper

I did the download, but Windows points "Invalid file signature". Not sure if I should execute it or not.

0 Kudos