Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2013 17:00

Inspiron 1525 Dell Built-in Integrated Webcam does not work after auto update upon exiting Windows

Hello,

I appreciate anyone can help on my problem. When I exit Windows XP there is an autoupdate 14 files to be updated, and after update, I logged in again and my Inspiron 1525 Dell Built-in Integrated Webcam does not work.

I do not know what is the problem, I do not think it is a hardware problem, because the last time I tried to uninstalled and installed it I can see the webcam on the my computer folder/directory, but after I updated it's gone.

Thanks for any help.

Frank

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 17th, 2013 00:00

Hi Frank,

I request you to uninstall webcam in the Device manager. It should be listed under Imaging Devices in Device manager and also from ‘Programs and Features’.  Restart the system and install the Webcam Central software from the link given below:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Restart the system and check. Revert for further queries.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 17th, 2013 03:00

Frank,

Please continue with DELL-Sujatha K

You mentioned XP, correct?

Try the Integreted Webcam Driver?

Creative Labs Laptop Integrated Webcam, v.R2RC1, A04

I recently lost the webcam for skype ONLY. Works with Dell Webcam Central and aqlso works at Test Webcam I located an older version of Skype and the video works, again.

Rick

30 Posts

July 17th, 2013 03:00

Hi Sujatha, thank you for your response. I have done Unistall and Install but still not successful. I still have the original driver in CD, that is the one that I installed. I even have done Windows HOme Edition Repair, so that it will be able to accept the old Dell driver in case windows autoupdate has done wrong, but still not succesful.

Thanks for your help again.

Frank 

30 Posts

July 17th, 2013 17:00

Rick,

I have tried to install R165116 and there is virus, I do not know it that is a correct file.

I appreciate your help again.

Frank

30 Posts

July 17th, 2013 17:00

Sujatha K,

I have donwnloaded your link and installed it, but my cam still can not work. I even downloaded R165116 that Rick suggested and installed it there is a virus detected by my Avast, still can not work. Anyone in this forum, please help me.

FRank

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 17th, 2013 23:00

Hi Frank,

I request you to once again uninstall and reinstall the webcam application I gave the previous link. In case the issue persists even after this step, I request you to restore the system to the date previous to Windows update. Follow the instruction given in the link below for system restore on Windows XP:

http://dell.to/15JaFA4

Revert for further queries.

30 Posts

July 17th, 2013 23:00

Hi Sujatha,

I have done so many times uninstall and reinstall but the cam still can not work. I can not do anymore system restore, because I have done Windows XP repair, thinking that probably something wrong in the XP system files, because it started to stop working after automatic update when I exit from Windows. I tried also to have quick scan the virus, yes.. in my system file we find 2 virus... fastdownload exe and R-Kill.exe. and movedd to chest. After uninstalled  I Installed again but it still can not work.

And the odd thing is that I can not see the Image Device in the Device Manager, so I think this should be a Driver problem, not the hardware (physically broken) problem. Because the last time I still can see it lights when starting laptop.

I appreciate for any helps

Frank

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 19th, 2013 01:00

Hi Frank,

Thank you for retrying the steps I suggested.

Installing the application from the link I provided should resolve the driver issue,  If in case the driver is not listed under Imaging devices, check if it is listed under ‘Other Devices’ and let me know the status.

30 Posts

July 19th, 2013 04:00

HI Sujatha,

I have followed your suggestion but the cam still can not work. I even went to the Dell technician in Jakarta, but he could not fix it, he said it could be a hardware problem, and I said if it is hardware problem why is not detected by diagnostic, because I have run diagnostic, and all is OK.

So I do not know what to do now, Do you think it is the camera broken?, Do you think this is the Registry problem shaken by a virus?. If it is not a hardware problem, I still want to try to reformat my harddrive and reinstall my Windows XP SP2 Home Edition that I got from Dell. What is your advice that I still need to try before I do fresh Windows install.

Frank

13 Posts

July 19th, 2013 19:00

Should you decide to reinstall WinXP, don't forget to install the drivers in the proper order.  This link will provide Dell's recommended order:  www.dell.com/.../ArticleView

30 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 00:00

Hi Sujatha,

I have not reinstalled yet my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 because I m not sure yet if it is a hardware problem. Anyway could you please inform me the steps to diagnose if it is the webcam hardware problem?

Tnanks

Frank

807 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 03:00

Hi Frank,

After installing the bootstrapper program, you should be prompted to download another program called Dell System Detect. Then the diagnostic will commence.

Dell System Detect requires .NET 4.0. Please download it here

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

30 Posts

Hi Sujatha,

When the gathering information text box is running it says below: The Dell System Detect application may not be running on your computer. Click Download button to install..

I have downloaded "dellsystemdetect.bootstrapper" and installed it but It can not diagnose.

I am totally confused.. how to handle this, since the Dell technitian has given up, just saying that this is the webcam damage.

I appreciate your help.

Frank

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

Hi Frank,

Please click on the link below to run diagnostics on the Webcam:

http://dell.to/11GelRo   

Under ‘Hardware’ from the listed components under ‘Diagnostic Selector’ select ‘Webcam’ and then click on ‘Run Diagnostics’. Follow on screen instruction to run the test and reply to this post with the status to assist you further.

30 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 06:00

Hi Sujatha,

I run full diagnostic and it run well and completed and says that nothing wrong with the hardware. All passed.

Could you please help what should I do next?

Frank

No Events found!