Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2010 15:00

Inspiron 1525 to HDTV (In Full Screen) Tutorial

This is the full explanation of how to connect the Inspiron 1525 to an HDTV and get it in fullscreen, here goes:

• Print this out so you can read this while doing it.

First of all, connect the laptop to the t.v via HDMI cable and set the t.v to HDMI source, then follow the below guide.

In Vista you need to open the control panel (in classic view) then open Intel(R) GMA Driver for Mobile.  Once this is open, first of all you will be in the Display Devices tab, under Single Display, check the Digital Television option.  Next on the left you need to click on the Display Settings tab – then you will have some more options in the right pane, Color Quality (I have this set at 32 Bit), Screen Resolution should be set to 1920x1080 for a full HD tv and refresh rate (which I have set at 60 Hertz).  Then under all these options (in the same pane) you will see Display Expansion with a button to click for Aspect Ratio Options – this is needed if the size of the screen happens to go over the borders of the t.v – here all you need to do is decrease the Horizontal and Vertical adjustments until the size of the screen is correct (you’ll need to press ok after each adjustment to check)

Once you have done all of this, click Apply then OK (bottom right of Intel(R) GMA Driver for Mobile main screen) and you are done !!

IMPORTANT:  If you want to use the laptop screen again, make sure you go back into the Intel(R) GMA Driver for Mobile and check the option for Notebook under Single Display in the Display Devices tab.

2 Posts

November 22nd, 2010 08:00

*Bump*  I've updated the above info

1 Message

September 17th, 2012 19:00

I have followed these steps and I'm still getting just a black screen on the TV, any other options? The TV is getting a signal it's just a black screen. Last time I connected I was able to see video but there was no audio so I followed the instructions that denmarfl gave in their 2010 question and it worked great. Now I get no picture OR audio, even when toggling with F8 and making the laptop screen go off. How can this be rectified?

No Events found!