Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2014 13:00

Inspiron 15R-5521 Will NOT Power On At All

I tried to troubleshoot on my own:

When the power button is pressed, not a sound or light is produced.

When the battery is removed for 30 seconds, replaced and then the power button is pressed, there is nothing; no sound or lights.

When the battery is removed and the adapter is plugged into the computer, there are no lights.

When checked with a multimeter, the ends appear to be moving the appropriate amounts of power.

When checked with a multimeter, the part on the computer where the battery connects showed that it was getting power.

Though, I am not sure if I even used the multimeter correctly on the battery portion...

I opened up the computer and there didn't seem to be anything that looked crazy inside. Though I wouldn't know.

What is wrong with it? I hadn't used it for a couple days, and when I went to do some work and tried to turn it on....

Nothing.

What do I do?

332 Posts

September 17th, 2014 20:00

Hi AkiraC4,

Welcome to the Dell Community,

Good work on troubleshooting, it could well be an issue if the system is not receiving enough power. I would suggest you connect an different good know AC Adapter to system and try to Power on a System and check,

If the system doesn’t power on even with a good known AC Adapter, the System board on the system needs a replacement.

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase to check assist you further.

To send a private message, click on my name and Send private message.

Hope this helps

No Events found!