Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 31st, 2013 18:00

Inspiron 15z 5523 Ultrabook not turning on - no response

Hello, Got my laptop a month ago and was working well until yesterday. I had just closed it the other night after charging it. Then there was nothing - no boot, no LED with charger, no fan. I checked and the charger is definitely functioning, so I worry that this is a problem with the motherboard. Since it's an ultrabook, I haven't been able to remove flea power since the battery is embedded into the laptop. If I could get some advice on removing it, or any other possible solutions, that would be great! Otherwise, I wonder if it would be possible for a technician to come have a look at it ASAP? I'm a student at uni and have no way to get to the repair centre :(

1.5K Posts

July 24th, 2013 17:00

Hi bigfern,

I would suggest you to run hardware diagnostics on the system for hardware functionality, by following the steps below:

• Reboot and tap 3-4 times to enter the Boot Menu.
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter.
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display.
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error.

If you have not reseated the Memory modules, you may reseat them. For Owner’s Manual, please refer to the link: http://bit.ly/XtmyEE.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance. 

4 Posts

August 11th, 2013 02:00

Hello Again.

I am again experiencing the same problem which i did before about which i have posted in this thread before.

That is 4 distinct beeps referring to memory or RAM failure.

I tried doing what was suggested last time that is removing the memory modules and re inserting them.

upon this i found out that both the RAMs were intact but one of the slot was not responding.

do i need to show my laptop to the service center.

Is there any solution to this??

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 12th, 2013 03:00

Hi Ptladit,

As one of the memory slots is not working, the motherboard needs to be replaced. If the computer is under warranty, I would be glad to arrange a service on the computer. Check warranty status: http://dell.to/13VPd97

Please private message me the service tag, registered owners name and address.

To private message me please click my user name and click Start conversation.

In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services.

If the warranty on the computer has expired, below link would help you in contacting expired warranty services (this is for US based customers): http://dell.to/VPYT4T

Awaiting your response!

4 Posts

August 12th, 2013 21:00

I just private messaged you the information you asked.

actually i did it around 10 hours back .

2 Intern

• 

621 Posts

October 2nd, 2013 21:00

Hi Klev602,

Inspiron 15z comes in two variants.

If it is Inspiron 5523, you may refer to the images provided in one of the earlier posts.

Please share the exact system model.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2013 21:00

I have the same problem, but cannot fined the rest button on the 15z. Can anyone help! 

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2013 10:00

I have the 5523. I'm computer challenged would you please tell me exactly what to do.   Thank you

2 Intern

• 

621 Posts

October 4th, 2013 01:00

Hi Klev602,

Before trying the steps, make sure the system is off and the AC adapter is disconnected.

Remove the Base cover (Memory module cover) of the system. You may refer to the link http://bit.ly/XtmyEE for steps on removing the base cover.

Note: Please refer to the Service Manual of this system for instructions on assembling and dis-assembling the hardware components. Follow the 'Safety Guidelines' listed on the manual to help protect your computer from potential damage and to help ensure your own personal safety.

Refer to the link http://dell.to/15M1iEH for steps on where to find the reset button and how to reset the system.

1 Message

October 4th, 2013 02:00

hi i just wanted to ask how can i restore my inspiron 15z 5523 it has windows 8

2 Intern

• 

621 Posts

October 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi killzone52,

You may refer to the video in the link provided below for steps on restoring the system.

The link is http://dell.to/1dXuawt.

Note: Please back up all your data before restoring / reinstalling Operating system on the machine.  Dell will not be responsible for any data loss/ data back up after operating system reinstallation.

1 Message

December 23rd, 2013 22:00

only way to power on your laptop is reset  the  laptop by remove one screw on back side were the ram is locked you can see a small hole

put a pin for 30 second then power on your laptop it will work,

other way is remove the keyboard  the left side there is a square hole inside there is a switch just switch off and on again your laptop 

will  now power on again

first way is good if you are not a trained engineer

thank  you

anil.k.v

1 Message

May 30th, 2014 21:00

first remove your charger from laptop and press and holed the power  for 5 min after that connect  the charger to laptop and press the power once

3 Posts

July 19th, 2014 10:00

Hello!

I would like your help with my Inspiron 15Z 5523, It does the 4 beeps sound.

I have tried reseating the memory modules and i have tried pushing the Reset button. Neither one worked.

What could I do to fix the problem? the computer won't start up.

Many thanks to all responders

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 19th, 2014 11:00

Try each memory module singly in each socket until you isolate the bad module (replace that) or bad socket (replace the mainboard).

If neither module works in either socket, the mainboard is bad.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 19th, 2014 12:00

You can use just one module without issue other than that you'll have half the RAM and lose some performance (the system is designed to run in dual channel mode with matched pairs of memory).

No Events found!