Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 27th, 2015 12:00

Inspiron 3452 Driver Issue

So I got this laptop with Windows 10. I don't like it and am trying to intall Windows 7 64bit and every time I do so with my USB stick, I get a message asking for a driver for a CD/DVD which is not available on my laptop

What could be the root cause and how can I resolve this?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 27th, 2015 12:00

You're going to need to prepare a new Windows 7 install drive with two things:  it MUST have SP1 on it (the original version of 7 won't work) and it MUST have the SATA install drivers on it for your system.  Intel should have the SATA driver on its website.  You can use something like Rufus, nLite or RT7 Lite to make the install media.

BEFORE you do this, make a set of recovery media for the system using the Dell Backup and Recovery Utility on the system's drive -- once you start the install, there's no turning back unless you have the recovery media made and tested beforehand -- and the SATA controller may not be the only hardware for which drivers are needed before the 7 install is complete.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 27th, 2015 13:00

I don't see the SATA drivers listed on Dell's site.  That said, if you don't like WIndows 10, simply install a copy of the free ClassicShell utility - it will allow you to turn WIndows 10 back into Windows 7 interface-wise without all the hassle of installing a completely different operating system.

77 Posts

December 27th, 2015 13:00

Do I can't get the intel drivers on the Dell support site?

77 Posts

December 27th, 2015 16:00

do you know where on the intel site i can get the sata drivers?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 27th, 2015 17:00

No Events found!