Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2017 14:00

Inspiron 5368 - changing resolution restart problem

I have Inspiron 5368 and whenever I change my display resolution options, my laptop starts to logoff and restarts the whole system after I click apply to any display resolution option. However, I am using windows 7 a copy of my own because I don't like windows 10 and a friend of mine said that could be maybe of the drivers not installed or any sort of issue regarding the drivers but I don't think so.

Any suggestions why this happens please ?

Thanks and regards,

- Gustavo Woltmann

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 21st, 2017 18:00

so if I change the Windows version this issue might disappear ??

I said your friend "might " have a point. However, my area is audio, not video. I would post on the video board, or the Windows OS board.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 17th, 2017 06:00

display resolution options

Hello Gustavo Woltmann. This is the Laptop Audio discussion board. Suggest you post your question on the Laptop Video board for better results.

am using windows 7 a copy of my own because I don't like windows 10 and a friend of mine said that could be maybe of the drivers not installed or any sort of issue regarding the drivers but I don't think so.

The friend might have a point, because Dell does not supply a Windows 7graphics driver for the Inspiron 5368, just Windows 10.

January 21st, 2017 09:00

so if I change the Windows version this issue might disappear ?? (but it seems to me it's a hardware issue.

Thanks,

-Gustavo Woltmann

January 30th, 2017 15:00

Thanks very much @jimco

Regards,

- Gustavo Woltmann

No Events found!