Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2009 11:00

Inspiron 6000 Battery permanent failure error code 3600 0852

When I boot my DELL INSPIRON 6000 laptop, the first screen with DELL logo comes. After that a blank screen comes and sound is heard (the sound is like 'stuck' sound not a beep). And it goes for rebooting again. Next time I pressed F12 and choose diagnosis.

It gave the following message

Errore Code: 3600 0852 Msg: PRIMARY_BATTERY - A permanent failure was detected. The given error code and message can be used by Dell Technical Support to help diagnose the problem

Then I have remove the battery and clicked the button next to lights. Three lights are blinking out of five - 1st, 3rd and 5th one. So it means battery is available 60%.

Next I have tried to boot the laptop with direct power and no battery. Still the same problem.

When I called DELL technical support and gave this error code, the technician says it is related to battery failure and she asked me to place order for new battery.

But if it is a battery failure, why it is not working on direct power.

Before that I would like to replace this battery with my battery from my friend's inspiron 6000 laptop.

BTW, if some one has the same problem or is aware of this kind of problem, please let me know how to fix it..

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 7th, 2009 12:00

There is another battery that might need replacing--the cmos coin cell battery. Directions here.

You can buy the CR2032 coin cell battery at any discount store's jewelry counter for $2 or so.

2 Posts

July 8th, 2009 08:00

Thanks for the info. I have replaced the cmos coin cell battery. Stil the same problem. When I boot the laptop affter replacing it:

1. Dell log screen (with F2 and F12 options) came first

2. Next screen showed few messages....i think it showed some thing related to cmos battery change...it went away quickly

3. Next screen showed a cursor on top left for a while..then the it started to boot again...

This time I have ran diagnosis once again...and it gave the same error message: "Error Code 3600 0852 Msg: PRIMARY_BATTERY - A permanent failure was detected"

Do you think replacing the primary battery will solve the probelm?

4 Posts

April 11th, 2011 13:00

When the first,third and fifth lights are blinking it doesn't mean that the battery is at 60%, but instead that the battery has failed.  if the first 3 lights were blinking consecutively then that would mean your battery is at 60%.  so unfortunately the main battery is the issue, the batteries for the I6000/E1505 were horrible, and i ran into a lot of issues with them in the past.

No Events found!