Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2009 06:00

Inspiron 640m - Touchpad and Battery

Just last night, some gatorade was spilled on the right side of my keyboard. It wasn't a lot, but enough that I definitely needed a paper towel, and I'm sure I didn't get every last drop of gatorade out. (I tried setting my fan up right next to it to try and evaporate any leftover particles.

Anyway, last night, I was messing with the laptop, trying to see if anything was wrong with it. The keyboard initially had problems. When I started my computer it failed, but after a few moments my laptop went on to startup windows, and all the keys appear to be working.

The touchpad was  working a little bit last night, however, whenever I used it my laptop would make a loud beeping sound (the sound it makes when it's angry)

Now the touchpad plus the two keys on it don't work at all. Nothing spilled near it, and it was working earlier, so I suspect it is a software error because of windows not starting up well. I can't seem to find any sort of "Touchpad software" or driver on my laptop.

Also, ever since then now, whenever my laptop has power, it turns on. If I take the battery out, but have the power cord in, it turns on. If I turn out of power cord, and leave the battery in, it stays on. I tried just shutting it down as usual, but it just restarts. I finally ended up just shutting it down and taking the battery and power cord out so it would turn off.

On another little side note, the Media buttons in the front (mute/volumedown/volumeup/play;pause/skipback/skipforward/stop/mediadirect) still work, however, their lights don't turn on anymore.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong or how to fix these problems?

No Responses!
No Events found!