Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2016 10:00

Inspiron 7559 Touchscreen Issues

I just received my Inspiron 7559 Laptop in the mail yesterday, and it is the 4K Touchscreen model. However, upon setting everything up and attempting to use the touch screen, it's not working. I contacted a Dell support agent whom I gave remote access to try and fix the issue, however he downloaded drivers I already had and was unable to correct the issue as well. Upon running diagnostics, we were stumped to find that everything came back clear and there was apparently no issues with the hardware in ePSA.

Looking under the Device Manager, there is nothing that says touch screen under Human Interface Devices or Universal Serial Bus controllers. I don't know if I am just missing a driver, or if my screen just malfunctioned. I would just really appreciate help on the matter as this is the second laptop I've gotten in a span of two weeks that has an issue that may require sending it back, and I really do not want to have to go through that again.

Thanks.

1 Message

April 15th, 2016 19:00

Same problem. I can't even find the driver on the Dell website, and no touchscreen driver is present in HID within device manager.

2 Posts

April 17th, 2016 08:00

I never updated this post, but just wanted to say a few days after I posted this the issue actually resolved itself. I used the laptop regularly for a couple of days and turning it on and off, lo and behold I opened it one day to find the touchscreen suddenly working. I assume it is because Windows 10 was updating throughout that time period and didn't recognize/get the driver until well after the first day which is very annoying, especially so that Dell support was incompetent and actually wanted me to send my laptop in because they thought it was malfunctioning. Just wanted to say wait a bit and see if it "catches the driver" and if then it's not working I would go to support. Hope it works out for you!

1 Message

March 28th, 2017 17:00

I have the same issue, still persists. It's actually not a driver issue, but a hardware one. There is a faulty connection that causes the touchscreen to disconnect. I noticed this when slowly moving the laptop lid, the virtual keyboard icon on the bottom right would appear and disappear. When it appears, the touchscreen works, but I have to keep a slight pressure on the lid as if opening or closing it.

It's either a loose connection or a broken cable.

No Events found!