Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2017 07:00

Inspiron 7567 - unstable GPU activation

Hello,

I tried to check as many topics as possible to see if this problem has been discussed before. I could not find it, sorry if I missed it.

I purchased an Inspiron 7567 a few days ago. The problem I noticed that whenever I restarted or shut down the computer or started a task (i.e. when I install a program), it freezed for a second and continued with that task. I wanted to check the graphics card temperatures and installed MSI afterburner. I saw that Nvidia GPU activates and deactivates continuously, like oscillating between activation and deactivation, even though there was no need for it to activate.

I also found a video at youtube which actually describes my problem.  www.youtube.com/watch

I installed the latest graphic drivers but the problem is not solved. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 

17K Posts

August 10th, 2017 06:00

nebmimik,

Run the diagnostics on the system by following the information below. If the diags show the gpu failing you can contact Dell Support at 1-800-624-9896 and have the card replaced.

The Inspiron 7467/7567 is shipped with the Dell™ Enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment (ePSA) diagnostics.

The Dell ePSA diagnostics perform a complete check of your system hardware. The ePSA is embedded in the BIOS and is launched by the BIOS internally (from the advanced boot menu). The embedded system diagnostics provide a set of options for particular devices or device groups allowing you to:
•Run tests automatically or in an interactive mode
•Repeat tests
•Display or save test results
•Run thorough tests to introduce additional test options to provide extra information about the failed device(s)
•View status messages that inform you if tests are completed successfully
•View error messages that inform you of problems encountered during testing

Launching the ePSA Diagnostics
•Tap F12 key repeatedly during system startup (at the Dell logo screen) until the BIOS Boot Menu appears on the screen.
•On the Boot Menu screen, select Diagnostics option, and then press Enter.

Testing Devices using ePSA

The ePSA begins by checking an area in the system memory to ensure it is safe, and then loads itself into the verified memory area. Then, ePSA automatically begins high-level algorithms on all system memory to ensure integrity.
•The ePSA starts running the quick test on all the detected devices without waiting for user input.
•To select a specific device to test, users can tap the Esc key and click Yes to stop the test.
Some tests for specific devices require user interaction. Always ensure that you are present at the computer terminal when the diagnostic tests are performed. The Touchpad/Mouse will be non-functional when the test is in progress. This is as per design.

No Events found!