Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2009 11:00

Inspiron E1505 Battery Help!

Hello all! Whenever I try to turn on my computer, my computer turns on, but it goes to a Black screen. It doesn't matter if I have the battery plugged in or not. It still goes to that Black screen. I want to say it is the battery, but I am not positive. If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! :emotion-1:

238 Posts

April 24th, 2009 12:00

Is the screen displaying properly?  I mean do you see an image and there's no light behind it or the screen goes completely blank?  Does the Dell screen come up and then go blank with the blinking cursor in the top left corner?

Brent

2 Posts

April 24th, 2009 18:00

Hey, thanks for the reply back. I see an image when I turn on the computer, but immediately after it comes on, it goes away, and then it all goes Black. I just don't know if it is the battery, or something else. When it comes on, I don't see a blinking cursor in the top left corner.

2.4K Posts

April 27th, 2009 01:00

The backlight has gone out and you will need to replace the LCD. You can further troubleshoot by attaching an external monitor. FN F8 will change the display to the monitor and back to the lcd. If you see an image on the monitor and not the lcd then it is your lcd that has gone out.

No Events found!