Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2013 03:00

Inspiron N4110 beeps 4 times but does not work

Hi everyone,

My great and hard-working Inspiron N4110 stopped working after a long-distance flight. Now,wen I try to turn it on, it gives 4 irritating electronic beeps and that's all. It doesn't go on and the screen remains completely blank. Also, no light shows on the 'hard-disk working' light. (I'm out of warranty and not a great computer expert!).

I'd really appreciate any help,

Chaim

803 Posts

August 7th, 2013 04:00

Hi Chaim,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your query. 4 beeps on Inspiron N4110 indicates a memory read/write failure. We can try few troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue:

Drain flea power (Shutdown system, unplug adapter and remove battery. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. This will discharge the residual electricity from the system board)

Re-seat the memory modules. (Remove the memory modules and try to start the system with a single memory stick. Also swap the memory sticks in both slots. This will help us identify if the issue is with memory sticks or the slots on which these modules are seated)

Start the system without the memory modules and check if the system beeps. If the system beeps without memory it indicates the system board is working fine.

Inspiron N4110 system service manual: http://bit.ly/WBAAFp

803 Posts

August 7th, 2013 10:00

Chaim, you made it look easy. May I know the country you're residing in so that I can advice where you can buy? You can always contact Dell tech support in your region and be assured they will provide compatible memory modules and help you place the order.

807 Posts

August 8th, 2013 04:00

Use Crucial's site

http://www.crucial.com/

Use the Crucial System Scanner Tool to scan your system. It will show you what modules are compatible with your system.

8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 PC3-10600 (1333MHz)

3 Posts

August 7th, 2013 09:00

Hi there,

Thank you for this amazingly informative and helpful (and fast) reply. It seems that the problem is with one of the memory cards: the computer doesn't work when it's in (regardless which slot it's in), and reversely, the computer works fine with only the other card (regardless which slot the other memory card is inserted into).

Does this make sense?

I think I need then to buy a new memory card? - can you recommend one for me?

Thank you,

Chaim

2.4K Posts

August 7th, 2013 11:00

Buy from www.crucial.com where they guarantee their memory to work in Dell computers.

3 Posts

August 8th, 2013 04:00

Hi Satya

Thank you again. I live in the USA (Florida).

I saw that I got another reply - but I'm still not sure as to what kind of RAM I need to order when I replace my current RAM. The one I have has a logo by NANYA (I think?) and it says: 4GBx8. PC3-10600s-9-10-F2.1333

Is that helpful? I saw that there are all kinds of DDRs and I just don;t know what I need for my computer

Chaim  

803 Posts

August 8th, 2013 05:00

Chaim,

You don't have to worry. The suggestion was provided to you by our community Rockstar and they cant be wrong. However if you wish to purchase memory from Dell, use this link: http://dell.to/1cfdvV8

No Events found!