Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

October 17th, 2016 15:00

Inspiron pointer freezes

Two months ago I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with Windows 10. The mouse pointer freezes whenever i click on something; it's fine while i am typing. it's so frustrating! i would return the computer if i could. The system is like new. 

I ran the System Scans under Dell Help & Support. I ran the basic test and then the extended test. 

Overall Test Result: Passed. I saved the test log. 

Next, I looked under Advanced Troubleshooting, System Fixes, Touchpad, and I chose "The mouse cursor does not move when using the touchpad." I clicked "Fix It". The touchpad worked fine in the two tests.

Last, I tried to upgrade the touchpad driver, but Windows says I have the latest driver installed. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 18th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would suggest you to perform a system restore.We would also suggest you to check if the issue happens in " safe mode".Also check if the issue occurs in BIOS.

We would also suggest you to download the latest drivers on to the system un-install the current drives ,restart the system and install latest drivers .

Kindly private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 20th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

We are waiting to hear from you.Kindly do let us know if the issues has been resolved.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!