To assist you further with this issue, I would request you to help me with the system model and the Operating system installed on the computer. In case you have windows 8 installed, you can try the following steps.
1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS.
2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu.
3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI.
4. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
5. Reboot the system.
6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response.
7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key.
8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows.
In case the above steps don’t fix the issue, run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action.
Please write back, would be glad to assist you further.
Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.
I had same issue on my brand new ultrabook 14z. Booted once to configure windows 8, then 2nd time I tried to start it came to the Dell Logo but no further. Changing the settings above fixed and I was able to log into windows.
I am glad to know that the steps fixed your issue. I would also like to inform that the steps that have fixed the issue is a permanent fix.
Please write back if you have any further questions, would be glad to assist further.
Hi Dell-Allan D, I have the same problem(stuck at dell logo screen) but I'm not able to enter in setup, when I hit f2 it complete the blue bar and change to black screen with cursor on the top left corner of the screen. The only other option is f12(boot options), it charge to the boot screen but no more. Any idea?