Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2013 09:00

Installation Location - D600 True Mobile 300 Card

I've got a D600 without the on board Bluetooth card.  I see that they can be purchased for very small amount of $$$, but I'm not sure where the card is installed.  I know where the compartment for the WLAN mini-PCI card is and how to access it, but I'm not sure where the True Mobile 300 Card installs.  I'm pretty adept at repairs and self-installs (I've disassembled this D600 about a half-dozen times . . ), so a general "pointing to" location will be a big help.  Thanks!

40 Posts

December 28th, 2013 11:00

Yikes!  Yes, this does look like a hassle - so even though I've had the laptop stripped down all the way to the palm rest in the past, even the illustration doesn't exactly indicate where the card slides in (looks like it might be in the front left corner).  But the manual isn't hugely helpful as to pinpointing the exact location on the system board.

So, you're right - I see that there's no shortage of after-market Bluetooth USB plug-in modules, most of which are already a couple of versions higher (BT 4.0) than the True Mobile 300 (BT 2.0).  And since both of the laptops we're attempting to enable with Bluetooth capability both have at least two USB ports, it just makes sense to go with one of those (or more precisely, two of those . . . .). 

Unless others wish to add-on to this discussion, I think we can mark this one solved (although I've still not figured out how to do that exactly).  Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 28th, 2013 09:00

Service manual:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-d600_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

If you haven't purchased the card yet and can spare a USB connector, adding a nano-sized USB bluetooth adapter (which will likely net you a much nicer, more recent feature set) is a better idea given the extensive disassembly required to install the internal one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320057

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 28th, 2013 12:00

If memory serves me, I think you're correct about the location of the card - unfortunately it requires removing the palmrest to get to it.

No Events found!