Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2016 10:00

Is it really permanent light of the backlit keyboard? (Inspiron 17R 5737)

Hello,

Laptop - Inspiron 17R 5737.

Does anybody knows is it really set permanent lighting of the backlit keyboard?

In fact I see 3 modes of my backlit keyboard: ON, middle-brightness, OFF.

But even in the ON mode keyboards lights only 30 seconds and if I don't push any key - it is go out.

It is very unusefull, when I reading long text in night and can't see my keyboard after 30 seconds.

Is it any key combination or may be some third-party tool, which can make my backlit permanent?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 16th, 2016 09:00

zuft69,

My apologizes! I provided the wrong link for you in the post. I have corrected it and it should open to the correct link. Read option 4 in the link.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 16th, 2016 08:00

zuft69,

You can click the link below for information on the backlit keyboard settings. Once on the page click option 4.

Press < Fn >< F6 > once to turn on the keyboard back light. Press < Fn >< F6 > second time to decrease the brightness of the keyboard back light and pressing < Fn >< F6 > for the third time turns off the keyboard back light.

How to resolve LED issues with your Backlit Keyboard using the latest Dell Utility

4 Posts

November 16th, 2016 08:00

Yes, I know it. But my questing something another.

I want turn ON backlight keyboard permanently.

But it is automaticly turn off utself after 30 sec downtime. It is very unusefull when I read a long text at night,

38 Posts

November 16th, 2016 12:00

While it doesn't directly address your issue, I often use my 17R 7720 in a dark room and have the same problem. My work around is to simply tap the or key to turn the keyboard lighting back on. Since the keyboard lighting is activated with any key press and those two keys have no independent function, it is a simple way to turn the keyboard lighting on without affecting anything else.

4 Posts

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you very much!!!!

it's really work

I have downloaded this "Dell Feature Enhancement Pack Utility" and I can see now additional Tab in the "Keyboard Settings" in my Windows Control Panel (Win 10).

It has option: "NEVER TURN OFF BACKLIGHT" - Wooooow !!!! THANK you very much!!!!

4 Posts

Hello,

just try to dowload  "Dell Feature Enhancement Pack Utility" from the link bellow and try to find new Tab on your Keyboard Settings (Windows Control Panel)

No Events found!