Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2016 14:00

Laptop: No Audio from Speakers & Wont Recognize iPhone

I have an Inspiron 15R 5520 laptop.

I had to have my motherboard replaced recently and there were issues loading Windows back onto my computer.  Dell had to send me a USB with Windows on it and walked me through the install but once that was complete there were a bunch of things missing i.e. my touchpad driver.  I went through the drivers for my specific laptop and installed most but I am still having an issue with my sound and iPhone.  

I can get sound if I plug in headphones and but not through the speakers.  I downloaded the audio driver but if always fails to install.  Not sure where to go from here and Im not too savvy with this sort of thing.

My computer also doesnt recognize my iPhone as my own.  When I plug it in my laptop says "this app cant open".  It charges me iphone and opens itunes but since the laptop wont recognize it as mine its as if Im plugging in a new phone each time.

Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 20th, 2016 15:00

Hello. There are a lot of differences among the different laptop models, so it would help if you state the full model name of your laptop and say which operating system you installed.

I had to have my motherboard replaced recently and there were issues loading Windows back onto my computer.

If there were no problems with the hard drive I wonder why Windows had to be reinstalled.

3 Posts

February 20th, 2016 16:00

Just updated.

I honestly have no idea what had happened.  We ran multiple tests that confirmed the hard drive was fine.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 21st, 2016 05:00

detailed help

To get detailed help you should supply the full model name of the laptop and say which operating system you installed in it.

No Events found!