Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 30th, 2016 00:00

Laptop Power Issue

Good Day

I have a Dell Latitude E5530 which was given to me as the guy says it was not working properly.

When I power it up the CPU fan runs for a few seconds . The laptop wants to post and then shuts off and then the LEDs come on as follows: Wifi Light  : Solid: Power : Flashing: HDD Light: Solid . I have re seated  the ram modules. What could be the solution as the guy who gave me the laptop said the laptop fell side ways. No damage to the screen though. Is the mainboard damaged?

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

December 30th, 2016 21:00

Hi RST232,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please try another set of memory modules and check if the system powers on. Or you can use this memory module on another system and check if it works.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

3 Posts

December 31st, 2016 11:00

Will do so . I have have two sodimms , tried both in the laptop, tried one at a time. I also forgot to mention that the guy who gave me the laptop said the laptop was open and it fell to the ground with the screen open. But strange I don't see any damage on the screen. I have even tried to start up with an external screen which did not help much. I have looked at the hard drive and its actually ok.

3 Posts

January 5th, 2017 01:00

Hi guys , just an update. I have ordered and put in a new Samsung ram stick which is compatible with the system but still not avail. It wants to start up but then suddenly shuts off wit the error lights above. any more suggestions?

No Events found!