Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2013 08:00

Latest drivers for 7670M

I have a Vostro 3560 with ATI 7670M 1GB card. The latest driver available from Dell is 8.933.3.4000 which is not the latest and greatest from AMD. I would like to see latest drivers for this ASAP. How long will Dell take to release them? How can I install them without waiting for Dell?

I would use AMD software to update my drivers but it doesn't work. I think its because of the switchable graphics.

Thanks

272 Posts

March 9th, 2013 02:00

Dell Moderators Are you Serious?My whole post for a suggestion to the user gets censored.

This is an an Open Public Community Run Forum no where did I not abide by the Terms of Use.

I offered the suggestion for the user to look into Leshcatlabs.net as a solution to fix his drivers issue? Akin to someone posting a link to youtube with some video on how to get something done, akin to someone posting a link for cross referenced information.

Really is this what Dell is now becoming? I can honestly see why people are leaving Dell in droves and purchasing their computers from other companies now.  

First, I clearly stated in my post that was censored and deleted that I "suggested it's up to the user" if they wish to take my the information that I posted to use drivers provided by a 3rd party other then Dells. People do it all the time, nothing binds us to using Dell Drivers other then a Warranty for service, again I clearly stated up to the user, even suggested if they pursue it to make a system backup first.

Second, Mind you my suggestion where for drivers that are freely obtainable on the internet, there is no charge so how is this information considered spam, advertising or solicitation perhaps the Mod's should look into the definitions of what those terms consist of before I get told that I'm not following "Terms of Use"

Third there are other posts in your forum that aren't censored posted by others suggesting the same information.

Forth and lastly, Your drivers are version 8 and way  behind AMD's reference drivers that are already at 13,1 with 13.2 in beta. That's public knowledge, Dell not stepping up to the plate and getting timely critical drivers out to their users, that's also common public knowledge. My Post was a suggestion again I clearly called it that, and clearly stated it's up to the user who was asking the community for advice and help so I offered a suggestion.

Instead of Censoring why not post the exact answer the user is looking for then?

OK make that two of us now...

As well I want to know this, please answer the questions.

1) Dells AMD Catalyst Drivers for the Vostro 3560 with an ATI 7670M is version 8,833.3.4000  ATI/AMD currently has 13.1 WHQL drivers which have been available since mid-January mind the fact that version 12 was out in October/November and Version 9's where out way before that. SO... How long before Dell will release drivers based on this newer OEM Reference drivers 13.1? as a Note AMD even states on their own website it corrects a boatload of issues with their switchable graphics cards like Dell hasn't ever noticed all the posts on their forums complaining about units with AMD switchable graphics not working as advertised.  Laptop Video forum is flooded with annoyed users.

2) How can I install the OEM Drivers If Dell is no longer providing timely updated drivers for the Vostro 3560 and still get my switchable graphics to work? The OEM AMD Drivers stated they are for Intel Gen 3 Ivy Bridge systems which the Vostro 3560 meets.

2 Posts

March 9th, 2013 07:00

Thanks for your initial reply  CyberMaxX360. I will look into it.

I would still like Dell to address the initial concern of the OP and your post which is nicely summarized in point 2.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 11th, 2013 12:00

Thanks for the help CyberMaxX360; I am not sure why your original post was censored.

Linux2k as far as your question goes; the official up to date video driver for the Vostro 3560 with the Radeon 7670m is A04 and may be downloaded from the following link.

lt.dell.com/.../lt.aspx

I am sorry but I currently have no knowledge of any forthcoming updates, but when available they will appear on support.dell.com. AMD does push new drivers for their stock GPUs fairly regular, they often will work well with Dell systems but it isn’t something that Dell can promise.  If you wish to try the stock AMD retail drivers please make sure to back up the Windows registry, my suggestion is to create a restore point before installing, in case there are problems with them.

I have been pushing for better drivers myself, especially with Enduro systems to give better indication when the Radeon card kicks in.  I know that a lot of users claim success in using the Leshcatlabs solutions so if you are having issues with your notebook you may want to give them a try.

TB

Please be sure to back up the registry before installing any retail drivers, or making any of the changes suggested for Lescatlabs to be safe.

No Events found!