Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 21st, 2015 10:00

Latitude 3330 Battery Not Recognized

Hi--

I have a Latitude 3330 laptop and the computer has stopped recognizing the battery. I assumed it was the battery and bought  a new one, but the problem is still there.

I've already tried:

1) Blowing compressed air over the various connections.

2) Removing the battery, powering it on with only the charger, and then turning it off, giving the machine a chance to use up any residual power. Then I put the battery back in again, and it still doesn't recognize it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2K Posts

June 21st, 2015 18:00

Hi dcrnz,

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with the adapter connected and disconnected. Check if the battery is detected in BIOS (both old and new battery).

Update the BIOS from support.dell.com - http://dell.to/1Pwntme - enter the service tag and select drivers and downloads and run the BIOS update - restart the system and check again if the battery is detected in BIOS.

What is the OS installed? Does the battery icon show up in windows? Are you able to view Dell Battery Info by any chance? Could you send us a screenshot? Do you get any battery related error messages while booting up or in windows? Please provide detailed info if any.

Restart the system and keep tapping on f12 key and select diagnostics. Run the test and make a note of any errors that you might possibly encounter and reply with the error details.

Keep us updated.

1 Message

August 27th, 2015 14:00

Hi, I have had my computer off and in my bag for 2 months( I am a teacher) now I get the same error. My battery isn't detected and it will not charge. It was fine in June...no problems charging. I tried to install the BIoS update and it says to connect a charger and it is connected!! Pleae help...thanks

2K Posts

August 29th, 2015 17:00

Hi Mathgirl911,

What is the exact system model? What is the OS installed on the system? Could you test the system with another adapter? When you plug in the adapter, does it stay in firm or does it fall off easily?

Based on the description, it seems more like an adapter issue. Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check if the battery is detected in BIOS. Also check the status of the adapter when connected and disconnected. This should help isolate the issue.

Restart the system and keep tapping on f12 key and select diagnostics. Run the test and make a note of any errors that you might possibly encounter and reply with the error details.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!