Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 2nd, 2017 02:00

Latitude 6430u Build in speaker not working and touch-pad button not working right button and bottom two button

My operating system is windows 10 Pro.

After updating the bios my built in speaker and touch-pad three button not working. Can anyone give me suggestion that how to overcome this problem. 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 2nd, 2017 05:00

Hello. Try re-installing the IDT audio driver.

Win10 is not supported by Dell on the Latitude 6430u so install the IDT 1.0.6491.0 driver using compatibility mode.

1. Download and save the audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive.  [There are two "formats" on the driver's page. Scroll down to the 2nd one, named "Hard Drive" format, and download that one, not the 1st one named "Windows Update Package".]
2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.
3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates.
4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.
5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).
6. Find the "setup.exe" file.
7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.
8. Select the Properties.
9. Select the Compatibility tab.
10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win7.

If the speakers still do not work, test them with the ePSA or the PSA audio test.

If the speakers pass the test and still do not work, try an earlier version of the BIOS. You can get links to all 11 versions of the BIOS here.  That page also has all the touchpad drivers.

If doing that does not work, perform a system recovery and return the laptop to the operating system that was installed at the factory. Using the supported operating system & drivers should prevent some issues from arising.

No Events found!