Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2011 23:00

Latitude E5410 Win XP Intel HD Video crashing

Latitude E5410 dell suggested video driver (Win XP) freezing my computer frequently, the updated driver from Intel seems it working fine so far,

Please if somebody else also facing this issue please share it here..
I tried to reconfigure my system many times and found that with Win 7 system is working without this trouble…..  

Details of my system config,

Latitude E5410 i5, Win XP Prof 32 bit with all dell recommended patches updated,

Video Dell suggested (It making the error): Intel HD Graphics ( Ver : 6.14.10.5284)
Video current loaded (From intel DL site) : Intel HD graphics (Ver: 6.14.10.5313)

- Ashi

2 Posts

March 14th, 2011 04:00

Been having this issue on a few E5410's here

Havent tried the intel driver myself but found that going into the intel grpahics card settings and under power

Setting both plugged in and on battery to max performance works for me

Otherwise it looks like the machine keeps crashing, its not the screen just doesnt update and leaev half windows open and looks like its not responding

2 Posts

March 14th, 2011 22:00

M1XXY..

:) I tried with few win 7 loaded E5410's and those are working well with videos. please try urself  with any XP loaded mechine(E5410) to play any 3gp video with VLC media player(vlc-1.1.5-win32)' and tell me the result. Play the video till the end.

I don't think there is any problem with this video player and I've tried all new Bios updates and recommended Win XP drivers for this model to solvet. After updating the Intel HD driver (not from Dell) the videos are working fine . but still some laptops are crashing if we are keeping it idle for a long time.  So I disabled the Intel HD graphics from device manager and XP display settings then everything works fine without crashing issue.

I'm suspecting the problem with the display driver only. plz try!

No Events found!