Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 16th, 2013 03:00

Latitude E5520 - System crashs, Bluescreens

I have a Latitude E5520, and I frequently experience system crashs (bluescreens). Seems to be related with the Dell WLAN driver, as I could avoid the crash while using LAN (and switching WLAN off).

Is this problem known, anyone else has experienced similar problems?

Thanks for any hints, Daniel

1 Message

December 30th, 2013 07:00

Joined this community just to post on this. I battled this problem for a couple days. This was happening on our Dell Latitude 3440 laptops. Look at your Channel Bandwidth on your wireless router (WAP). When it is configured 20/40MHz, the laptops BSOD within 30 seconds. When configured for only 20MHz, it is completely stable.

It was happening on 5 laptops (all I have at the moment). There is only one driver online as of 12/30/13, so upgrading the driver was a dead end. Atheros' website wasn't helpful either.

Dell/Atheros please fix, I never heard of a WAP causing a laptop to BSOD. Let me know if this was helpful.

-B

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 16th, 2013 03:00

Hi daniel,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

4 Posts

October 16th, 2013 04:00

Same here. Two new Latitude 3440 laptops both the same. As soon as the WiFi trys to connect bluescreen of death appears on both

Wi-Fi adapter is Dell ( Atheros )  1705 using Win 7 pro 64 bit -

The dell suppport site has no driver for this model for Win7 but does for Win 8

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 23rd, 2013 06:00

Hi Lumix1739,

In case you have run the hardware diagnostics, please let me know if there is any error code listed. You can update the Dell 1705 wireless driver for windows 7 using the link below.

http://dell.to/17ffmI4

Also provide me the snap shot of the bluescreen error.

October 29th, 2013 02:00

Hi!

I didn't find any issues running the diagnostics.

I provided further information (dumps) of the bluescreens here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/02hf8tzg7zh5j58/qEazOC4xo-

Does the link to the driver update you put in your response to Lumix refer to my issue as well? It is a bios update by the way, right?

Thanks,

Daniel

1 Message

August 6th, 2014 02:00

B

Thanks so much for posting! Saved me days I think!

Same problem here on a Dell Latitude 3440.

BSOD on entering the wifi password.

Now stable after changing channel bandwidth on Draytek router.

Cheers

Rob

October 23rd, 2014 11:00

I've taken to ordering USB wifi adapters for our organizations e7440s.  Dell, please tell me you are at least aware of this issue and are actively looking into updating the driver.  I've had system boards replaced and even entire new systems sent out, but all with no luck.

In all honesty you should stop selling these as they are guaranteed to BSOD for practically anyone who orders one.

No Events found!