Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2013 17:00

Latitude E5530, Unknown Device, Dev. Mgr

I just dropped our corporate 64-bit Windows 7 image onto a new E5530.  This system is considered "unknown" (non-standard) in our environment, so the image was missing a good portion of drivers. I downloaded all the drivers from  http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/04/servicetag/xxxxxxx    after having set the OS to 64-bit Windows 7 and turned off the filter so I could see "all drivers".  After installing almost every file from that page, I still have an unknown device under Other Devices.   If I look at the properties for Unknown Device, Details tab, Hardware Ids category shows 3 lines, all starting with "IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID...".  Does anyone know to what this refers and which driver I need to resolve its "unknown" status?  Thanks much,

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 15th, 2013 17:00

Hi jamichau,

The unknown device as per the Device ID is a USB 3.0 Root Hub. I suggest you to reinstall the Chipset and Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Drivers from the drivers download page.

Please let me know about your findings.

24 Posts

May 16th, 2013 09:00

Thanks for the reply, Rajath.  I tried that this morning and rebooted, still had the unknown device.  Then, not expecting it to work, I went into the properties of the unknown device in device manager, clicked the Driver tab, and clicked the Update Driver button.  I then selected "Search automatically for update driver software".  Windows thought about it for awhile, then displayed a message that the driver had been updated and I have no Unknown Device anymore!  WooHooo!  Fixed!  I don't think I have ever seen the Update Driver button work before!  Nice, for a change.

1 Message

July 25th, 2013 13:00

Just for anyone else looking... I also had the "Unknown Device" listed in device manager but using Windows update did not find the driver.  The driver I needed was the "ST Microelectronics Free Fall Data Protection Driver" listed under "Chipset" category.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails/Product/latitude-e5530?driverId=XWJWG&osCode=W732&fileId=3175901375&languageCode=en&categoryId=CS

- Johnny

1 Message

December 16th, 2013 13:00

yup - that was the same one for me

wiped Ubuntu, put our Win 7 ent. on and ended up with 1 left

No Events found!