Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2013 08:00

Latitude e6510 display port no output

I have a Latitude e6510 display port. The graphics card that came with the laptop is Nvidia NVS 3100M.

My display port does not output. External screen just says

The Nvidia control panel can also not see any other monitors.

I have tried this with multiple displays. I have updated to the latest drivers for everything including Nvidia.I ran the scan system for driver updates utility from Dell.

How do I get the display port to start outputting. Is there some special driver that is needed?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

February 12th, 2013 23:00

Hi cccccccccccccc,

Once the External monitor is connected to a VGA port or a display port, press ‘Window’ + ‘P’ on the keyboard to get display on the external monitor.

Please revert to this post for further asistance.

“To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA "

February 13th, 2013 01:00

External displays work with VGA. Just not with the displayport port. I contacted support and they said to try another cable which I'm attempting although most new laptops seem to have HDMI so having trouble finding a machine with a display port.

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

February 15th, 2013 22:00

Hi cccccccccccccc

Please reply with the types of video input ports on the monitor to assist you further.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

February 19th, 2013 01:00

Hi cccccccccccccc

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

21 Posts

November 11th, 2014 14:00

I have an e6510 i5 with NV3100M Graphics.

I purchased off ebay a diplayport to hdmi cable.

The following allowed both video & audio at 1600x900 res.

1/. Connect to TV or Data Projector, turn on TV or Projector and chose HDMI as source. Then turn on laptop. Windows should now discover the second monitor as being the device connected via hdmi to the display port.

If no picture appears right click desktop, choose Screen resolution option and see if the second screen is mentioned there; If so choose duplicate screen and set res to highest possible.

If not present click connect to projector option or Windows Key & P.

2/. If you have picture and no sound open Control Panel, make sure View by Large Icons is selected then proceed as follows.

Open Sound settings and see if the connected HDMI display appears as a playback device; if it is there then right click the icon and set it as the default playback device. You should here the audio coming from the connected HDMI display, if it has speakers.

No Events found!