Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 17th, 2013 15:00

Looking for a Schematic for an Inspiron 1520

I have an Inspiron 1520.  I want to clean out the fan area (the computer gets real hot) but can't get the back off.  There is something still holding it together after removing all screws that are visible.  Any one know of where I can get a diagram of how to take it apart.

July 22nd, 2013 17:00

Hi Elora Q,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

July 17th, 2013 15:00

Hi Elora Q,

Unfortunately, schematic of Dell systems would not be available as it is proprietary and confidential information. However, you may refer to Service Manual of Inspiron 1520 Here for step by step instructions on disassembly/reassembly of laptop.

Note : Please refer to safety instructions in manual before opening the laptop.

For heating issue, you may try cleaning the air vents of the computer. Below are the steps to clean the air vents:

• Check the vents on the computer to see if they are covered with dust and not allowing heat and air to pass through
  • Turn off the System
  • Unplug the AC Adapter
  • Remove the Battery
  • Use Compressed Air to blow the dust out of the vents

Note: Please use compressed air can. When using compressed air can, use the can according to the directions on the side of the can as you can cause damage to the computer if used incorrectly.

You may also refer to article Here

Hope this helps.

807 Posts

July 17th, 2013 16:00

4 Posts

July 17th, 2013 17:00

Thanks, I'll take a look at the Service Manual.  I have already cleaned the vents so the fan was my next move.

No Events found!