Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 21st, 2014 15:00

Lost Touch Screen Function on Inspiron 7537

Hi all,

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 7537 with full HD touch screen / 16gb ram / 1tb hdd / Nvidia GT750 and this laptop is just lovely, though I dont suffer from the usual wifi issue, I did changed the wifi card into 7260 AC model and it does fly! got it for 28$ off ebay.

Anyway, there's only 1 thing that bother me much, right after the initial setup, I've run through the updates and after restart I noticed that I've lost the touch support function. Even when checked on the PC and Devices info page, suddenly doesnt state my laptop has touch support. I've been through the net for many days looking for drivers and this issue but none came close to my case.

The monitor driver stated as generic PNP monitor? and I couldnt find any compatible driver for it. I've look at control panel setting and there is no option for pen / touch input too.

Not sure where and what went wrong. Attached is 2 print screen of my system. For security reason, I've cropped the product ID. Should there is someone from Dell require those, I'd be happy to send private message with all the details.

For my part, I've done all diagnosed with dell website + software but keep saying my system is correct and no problem with anything. Though I dont really fancy of using the touch screen, it would be nice to know that my laptop has it and its working.

Many thanks

1 Message

July 3rd, 2017 13:00

I had a problem with my Dell Inspiron 7537  touchscreen not working after a regular Windows 10 update. My touchscreen driver was completely missing from Device Manager and I spent a few hours trying to fix the problem. Finally I downloaded the newest BIOS version from Dell, I flashed the BIOS, and it works perfectly fine now. If you haven't tried yet, give that a go. Worked for me. Just remember to keep laptop plugged in and DO NOT interrupt the updating process! If the BIOS flashing process is interrupted, your computer will be ruined.

1 Message

July 7th, 2014 16:00

Hi,

I am a Dell Inspiron 7537 user and also encountering the same touchscreen problem plus the wifi would sometimes go on and off (based on the wifi icon).

I already contacted the Dell tech support via chat and unfortunately, I would have to return the laptop to Best Buy for replacement or repair. The problem is I live in the Philippines and Dell does not have any tech support here.

The problem only started when Dell and Microsoft sent me software auto updates a few weeks back.

Are there any updates regarding the issue?

3 Posts

August 26th, 2014 14:00

Hi,

I bought my laptop in April. Noticed also the touch screen did not respond after set up.
Also Windows won't start a few times. I called customer service and they told to remove battery and press power button for 10 seconds to fix windows not starting up.
Well, did not work.

I did bios update and that seems to fix the Windows problem, so far. Crossing my fingers still.

The touch screen, I did my own trouble shooting and noticed that the driver is not uploaded at start up when touch screen is not working. (HID -compliant touch screen). You'll notice you won''t find the driver when touch screen is not responding.
The reason is because the touch screen is connected to a USB internally and the driver for this USB is not being uploaded, So, when ever this USB driver (USB input Device) is not uploaded at start up, touch screen and few more things won't work, whatever is connected to the USB inside.

The problem is not the touch screen, but the USB driver.

Why the USB input Device driver is not uploaded intermittently,... that I don't know why.

I will send my laptop back to Dell to have this fix, somehow. I hope.
While it's still under warranty.
I paid almost a $1000 for this laptop and it's not fare that I have to face this problem.

I hope this will help you understand what the issue is.

4 Posts

August 26th, 2014 23:00

I have same problem, and a lot of other people do as I found out online. I think Dell should recall this faulty laptop (mine is a 15R, but I suspect the issue is tranversal to the touch screen ones...) and not leaving customer alone to deal with the problem waiting for the warranty to expire.... I am still waiting for someone from Dell customer support, which I contacted many times, to tell me what to do to have it fixed.

2 Posts

October 4th, 2014 23:00

I am using this laptop for less than 7 days and I had already experienced this issue.

I could fix it resetting to default the BIOS settings. I have no idea why it worked, since I did not change anything there.

3 Posts

October 6th, 2014 07:00

Can you tell me how to reset the bios.

I have had sent my laptop to the dell repair depot for repair. Phone tech said was motherboard but dell repair depot simply re imaged the windows operating system and did not fix the problem. After many phone calls again my laptop now is back at dell repair depot. Hopefully the'll fix it this time.

Very frustrating, a lot of phone calls and nobody knows anything. This will be my first and last Dell computer.

2 Posts

October 6th, 2014 08:00

To restore to the default settings: 

1- Hold shift and press restart (in the power options) 

2-Go toTroubleshoot 

3-On the Advanced Options screen click on UEFI Firmware Settings 

4-Now, go to the Exit menu

5-Select Load Setup Defaults and yes

6-Finally, go to Exit Saving Changes and choose yes.

1 Message

November 22nd, 2014 15:00

Hello,

I am a little late to the game, but I was looking for solutions online and saw this forum before I came up with a solution that works for me: Go to the power options( the power plan ) look for USB settings, and disable selective USB settings( I had it enabled in battery mode and that was causing the issue for me ). At least in my case, the issues I have experienced with my laptop( XPS 15 9530 ) are related to Windows and not Dell. The other issue was the adaptive brightness, which does not recover when coming back from sleep, unless I try to reduce the brightness; I just disabled it to avoid the hassle.

Hope it helps.

1 Message

December 15th, 2014 11:00

Hi!! i have the same problem. Could u tell me how u fix it?. Thanks!

3 Posts

December 15th, 2014 18:00

Hi there,

Finally after going so many hoops with Dell customer service they got my laptop fixed.
It's all hardware issue. The USB where the touchscreen is connected inside is not being recognized by the motherboard.
The second time I sent my Laptop to the repair Depot they replaced the Motherboard and the DPK Card.
That seems to fix the problem and everything works fine so far.

Try to get them fix your laptop while it's still under warranty.

No Events found!