Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 2nd, 2014 09:00

M14x R1 Camera / Mic not working

Hello,

I installed windows 7 on my PC and installed all drivers presents on the Dell CD but my camera and mic are not working anymore ...

I tried to install the driver : "Dell Alienware M14x Camera Firmware, v.1627, A01" but it says "No Device !!"

I already tried to reboot many times, to quit all applications that could use webcam and check everything in the list of process but it still says "No Device".

The driver is maybe outdated ? But there's only one even on the website.

I haven't installed any 3rd party webcam software.

I also tried as seen on another forum to install :

- HM67 Cougar Point chipset, and

Intel Management Engine Interface, v.7.0.4.1197 , A01

Before installing the camera driver but it still doesn't work.

Can i have a solution please ? 

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 2nd, 2014 11:00

I tried to install the driver : "Dell Alienware M14x Camera Firmware, v.1627, A01"

The webcam driver is native to Windows 7 and does not need to be manually installed. The firmware you downloaded is not a driver. See this Dell article about the webcam on the Alienware models.

If you need more help please post on the Alienware Club discussion section. Someone there probably knows more about it than here. You might need the Dell Webcam Central program but I don't know where you can find it.

4 Posts

June 2nd, 2014 15:00

Thanks i'll try there in this case

2 Posts

January 31st, 2015 11:00

The article does not help because the imaging devices tab doesn't even exists on mine.....

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 2nd, 2015 05:00

The article does not help because the imaging devices tab doesn't even exists on mine.....

Hello. If this thread does not help then try posting on the Alienware Club discussion section. Make sure that you tell them the full model name of your Alienware and its operating system.

No Events found!