Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

January 1st, 2009 09:00

M1530 No audio when using HDMI port

Dell 1530 displays video but has no audio on my TV.  HDMI audio has been selected and you can hear the test tone when selected.  Worked with Dell tech and he selected from the support form tab DTS, Dolby and Microsoft WMA.  He also selected all of the available freq.  Still was unable to hear audio.  He downloaded another player and the system worked fine.  He then had me reformat the HD back to factory shipment.  The audio still did not work when using WMP 11.  Here is the fix that I found.

Audio/Playback device/HDMI/properties/Advance/Exclusive Mode

I unchecked the Exclusive Mode and the player now has audio out.

Matshita BD-RE UJ-225S Driver 6.0.6001.18000

Sigma Tel HD Audio Codec 6.10.0.5866

Is the problem with the CODEC or WMP 11.  What other problems can I have by unchecking the exclusive mode?

5 Posts

May 10th, 2009 12:00

I've had the same problem since I got my M1530 a couple months ago.  I'm running the same audio drivers you are, and I get no audio through the HDMI port with ANY software, even with exclusive mode unchecked.  I do wish there was more info here, or a fix for the problem, but it's basically made the HDMI port completely useless.

29 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 01:00

I had the exact same problem when I tried to play movies on my laptop.  I played around with my audio settings(the ones you have mentioned above).  I changed my output default to HDMI, then after a while I was able to play audio through the HDMI port.  I still don't know how I did it but I guess you could try what I did.

1 Message

October 27th, 2009 02:00

Hello.

I have exactly the same problem here on my brand new Studio 1555.

I got picture on my tv imideatly after putting in the HDMI cable but no sound.

Now i have tryed to change every setting i have found on sound, but nothing.

I really hope that someone has a answer to this issue.

Thanks..

6 Posts

October 27th, 2009 07:00

Hello mate i had the same problem so i went on you tube and found the answer. Basically what u have to do is once you have your picture u need to go back to the home screen and right click so that you can personalize your settings you go to sound and then you click on hdmi audio and choose it as your default. Once you have done that you have to log out of your computer and then when you log back in your hdmi audio will be working. Hope this helps. Also when u want to go back to your laptop audio do the same and log out some times u don't have to log out but remember to choose what ever you want your audio to come out of as the default.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 27th, 2009 07:00

I don't know the answer but I can pass along what other forum members have written about this problem.

*******************************************************************************************

from the  Dell Technology Guide:
1 Turn off the computer and TV.
2 Connect the computer and TV.
3 Then turn the TV on. Adjust its setting to receive HDMI audio.
4 Next, turn on the computer to allow it to detect the connection to the TV.
5 Go to Start>Control Panel>Sound>Playback tab. Select the HDMI device as the default device. Click the Set Default button, and then click OK.

********************************************************************************************

HDMI uses its own audio driver separate from the Sigmatel, IDT, or Realtek audio system of the computer. It is actually included in the graphics card's driver so first make sure you have the current version of your graphics card driver.

Next, look in the Device Manager and if you see "Audio device on high definition audio bus" with an exclamation mark, you need to update it. Right click on it and point the updater to the HDMI sub-folder in the Intel graphics card folder. The path will vary depending on the name of your graphics driver but should be something like:
C:\dell\drivers\R199173\HDMI
C:\dell\drivers\R207162\HDMI (GM945/965)
C:\dell\drivers\R180254\HDMI  (GM965 on an Inspiron 1525)
C:\dell\drivers\R234725 (nVidia GeForce G 210M on Studio XPS 1340)
Several forums members have posted this tip, about laptops models Inspiron 1525 and  Latitudes E4200, E4300, & E6400.

****************************************************************************************************

Forum member hmthomas1 wrote (about a Studio 153x):
What I found was that when I restarted whatever program (websited or audio source) it would come out through the tv. If I didn't restart it my sound control would show the hdmi default but no audio indicator on the bar levels next to the source icon. I kept thinking it wasn't working but upon restart, it did.

*****************************************************************************************************

Forum member camikins wrote (about an Inspiron 10 Mini with Intel graphics):

Turn on computer with HDMI plugged in
Go to control panel -> sound / audio. This opens the Sound & Audio Device Properties window.
Go to Audio Tab. Sound Playback likely reads 'Realtec HD'.
Unplug the HDMI cable from the computer. Wait 5 or 10 seconds and plug back in.
Now in the same Sound Playback dropdown you'll hopefully see HDMI Device. Select that, and click Apply.
Now, you should have audio going through to your TV.

*****************************************************************************************************

Forum member by pauline_hill wrote (about a Studio XPS 1640 with ATI graphics, not Intel):

> Install or update to the current ATI graphics driver( 8.603.1.0000, R219810)
> In Device Manager, "update" the driver except use the option to "select from a list of available drivers"
> Select the High Definition Audio. You will see a warning but click 'install' anyway.
> Reboot

NOTE NEWER DRIVER VERSION
AMD ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4670
8.631.0.0000, A09, R227577
10/12/2009
Studio Laptop 1555
Studio Laptop 1737
Studio XPS Laptop 1640
Vista & 7

Don't forget to change the settings in POWERDVD DX to HDMI else the sound will still continue to come out of the laptop speakers. (Tip from forum member ptdw123)

Forum member tclhk wrote (about XPS m1330):
Go to 'Sound' from 'Control Panel' or from right-click on the 'Desktop' and then choose 'Personalize' from the menu.
click 'Playback' at the 'Sound' app, you should see 'Speakers/Headphones' and 'HDMI' codecs.
If 'HDMI' is there, simply click on it and click 'Set Default'
If you can't see 'HDMI', try right click on the 'Sound' app and check on 'Show Disabled Devices', and 'HDMI' should appear.

1 Message

June 3rd, 2011 21:00

Dude you are a genius. I've been racking my brain and the answer was so simple. Thanks!!

No Events found!